Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
While we're sort of on the subject, wanted to say thanks for everything the SA-GCCX team has done in contributing to the spread of Game Center CX. If any sort of compensation is decided upon for the upstanding human beings who have made it easier for me to understand why Arino fell into that pit, yet again, count me in. Be it money, time (see: In Time circa 2011), chocolate, or wetwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
To be fair, the second part of ZombieKabuto's Captain Tsubasa 2 sub was a pretty solid improvement over the first. I can't speak to the guys attitude on twitter (I don't use it), or his attack on GooseCanyon's /excellent/ first effort, but we'll give Super-C a watch. Especially since I suggested it as a next effort on Nyaa.

That said, we're eagerly awaiting GooseCanyon's next effort. Though we watch the raws, getting translations on Famionaire was a real treat! I wouldn't want to run with Kan either.

PlanetFlavor fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 27, 2019

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Thanks again for your efforts in keeping the GCCX train rolling friendly geese. I don't care what your reputation is; you're good avians in my book.

As an aside, WARWOLF was a great episode. Highly worth watching even for the nihongo challenged amongst us.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

GooseCanyon posted:

https://nyaa.si/view/1215075

Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou, AyeshaLee
Subtitles: Clov, Griever
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, special thanks to the AyeshaLee duo, who proofread 25 minutes of the episode while Kuishinbou was on vacation! Your insights were a great help in tackling this monster of an episode!

We would also like to extend our special thanks to the Russian fansubber Griever. We used a significant amount of their timing and typesetting throughout this episode, which was invaluable to completing it in a timely manner.

Put it in H!

Watch this translation and I'm sure you'll agree; Лучшие гуси происходят из гусиного каньона.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
I fairly recently bought a copy of Game Center CX 3-Choume no Arino Special Edition and I hadn't seen the bonus DVD contents anywhere before. In them, Arino plays Arino no Chousenjo 2 and plays some of the third game with another comedian group. I split them into two different files for easier handling. This is also like the first video rip I've ever posted anywhere, so apologies if the format/bitrate/mystical encoding algorithms aren't up to snuff.

Feel free to get them from the link below. They're not english subtitled, but hopefully one day a translation team can work on it as I think Detective Kacho would be a riot.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IXGoLDvIyrq-_WEQJg9xK-O3J4qNcsvz?usp=sharing

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

rdbbb posted:

Those are the directors of the 2nd and 3rd games

I should have caught that seeing how much we saw the director of the first two games in previous segments. Appreciate the correction.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

GooseCanyon posted:

Game Center CX in the USA Bonus Bonus Episode: Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Make My Video [GooseCanyon]
Arino faces his toughest challenge yet, star of stage and screen Mark Wahlberg. Also, in TamaGe, Arino visits Dave and Buster's. Meanwhile, in Gizmondo Center CX Kibe and Arino try Momma Can I Mow the Lawn.
Next time Arino is up against Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge.
Translation: Bean
Proofreading: Bean
Subtitles: Bean
Special Thank: Mr. Christie
https://nyaa.si/view/1234059

Watching him play Inxs: MMV would have choked me up.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Are we sure that's a typo? Cause it sure looks like the kaiju is about to eat it to me.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
UP DOWN UP DOWN HONK HONK HONK!

Help Im Alive posted:

Space Channel 5 gets pretty tricky but I don't think I've ever seen someone this bad at rhythm games

Clearly you missed the Parappa and UmJammer Lammy episodes.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Kibe's udon corner is the sweetest segment they have ever had.

I've thought about that a lot actually... what's the best side-segment in GCCX history? I think I fall into these top 5.

1) Barcode Gambler
- Arino betting his pants is one of my favorite moments in all of GCCX.
2) Ring-Ring Tactics!
- I hadn't heard of SMD until I saw this. Baffling, tedious, frustrating, and hilarious.
3) Shocking Videos MAX
- Arino and Inoue crack me up.
4) Chief Arino's Bonus Assessment
- Best premise for a segment for my money. Didn't quite live up to the potential (which is normal for the Kacho) but still one of the best.
5) To Catch a Catch Copy
- It was super clear that everyone was having a blast. So I did too. Seikai desu.

Worst 5 (not terrible necessarily, but the ones that I skip over).

1) Everything Important in Life I Learned From Video Game Strategy Guides
-Sorry. Just boring.
2) Retro Read-Aloud
- I'm familiar with all of the source material; just holds no charm to me.
3) Urawaza Jet Stream
- Stories are okay; but not enough participation from Arino. Sort of throw-away and it comes across.
4) Famicom Living National Treasures
- It's funny to hear Kacho riff, but some of the charm must be getting lost in translation.
5) DJ Monster
- Cute, but a let down after how great Barcode Gambler was.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Thank you friendly geese! I had skipped the DraQue raw episodes, despite being /intimately/ familiar with the source material, due to the amount lost in translation. Thou hast earned thyself extra pieces of bread! Please pickup at your convenience from the local ponds. Though if the ducks get there first you only have yourselves to blame.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
PSX Densha De Go is one of my very favorite episodes; looking super forward to watching this release. Much thanks friendly geese!!

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

GooseCanyon posted:

Game Center CX 298 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (2) [GooseCanyon]
Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

We think we’re dealing with a supernatural being. Most likely a mummy.

https://nyaa.si/view/1292524

The only thing spooky here is how fast you turned around part 2! Thanks magic geese!

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Just finished the episode. I can't comment on how exactly accurate the translation is, but it seemed very on point and the timing/font/coloring was top notch. Light years better than Zombie Kabuto's first release. Excellent addition to the library of translated episodes and a recommended watch dependent on your feelings on the source.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

GooseCanyon posted:

Game Center CX DVD Challenge - Resident Evil: Director's Cut [GooseCanyon]
Translation: IkuharaFan
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: SpecsPL
Special Thanks: Bean, Sino

An extra special thanks to our guest translator, IkuharaFan, who worked hard for months to make sure we had a great finale to our Halloween releases! Thank you to SpecsPL, who timed and typeset this entire episode. And one last thank you to Sino of MoyaiSubs, who provided IkuharaFan with assistance. Without you, this episode would not have been possible. Sincere thanks from all of the geese down at GooseCanyon!

To the book depository!

https://nyaa.si/view/1294815

Does Pooyan count as a Halloween themed release? I ask so I can hold out hope for next year... All glory to the geese!

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

IIRC, there's someone translating GCCX that is basically a racist/homophobic channer-type, so if the geese were improving on one of his releases (which I seem to remember being described as subpar and full of out-of-context edgelord stuff), I can totally understand their not wanting to even mention his name.

I don't know anything about Zombie_Kabuto's other contributions to the dumpster fire we call the internet; but I can tell you that their House of the Dead episode was /great/ and even has some choices I enjoyed more than SA-GCCX/GooseCanyon approach (italicizing foreign words and translation of text boxes for example). Accuracy/intention seemed just fine to someone who understands Japanese on a C- 101 level and there was no 4chanigans that hit my radar.

We can debate art from the artist kind of stuff, but if GooseCanyon used any of the translation, tradition and manners should dictate that the OG get some credit.

More GCCX in more places I say, so long as the work is up to snuff. I appreciate everyone's efforts to keep the translation train going!

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Kakaricho posted:

I miss the fella. Honestly, minus Arino's bullying of his setups, recently the show has felt bland sometimes.

This is true. But I have high hopes for Kogawa, if she sticks around. She's one of the very few staff members ever who seems willing to put Arino in his place. Too bad the fortune telling segments have been a bit of a miss.

Also, I just had to double check, but Arino is on the longest winning streak of any season so far. Think he can bat a hundred in season 24? I have to assume the world will spontaneously explode shortly after should he actually complete the task though.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Perhaps my main gripe is that they mainly use PSX Simple series software which is absolutely boring to look at. There is a deluge of prognostication programs across a variety of platforms, and the Super Note Club thingie was pretty cool.

That and, to be fair, I've really only watched the subbed ones so far since so much seems to be lost without translation. What is translated was funny, but the segment had the potential to be a real knee slapper, but didn't quite get there for me (so far).

And is it officially Ogawa then? I got Kogawa from this translation of an interview with Arino. I thought it'd be fairly definitive given the source (a magazine interview) and rep of the translation team.

http://www.onemillionpower.com/game-center-cx-2020-special-long-interview-with-shinya-arino/

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Geese > Chicken

Well wishes for your adventures in matrimony zari-gani!

And thank you to GooseCanyon for continuing the delivery of quality GCCX fansubs!

PlanetFlavor fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 6, 2021

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Wonderful choice for a new release! A gem in the PC Engine library. Thanks for all of your honking work!

Saturday Night Slam Masters is going to be a rough one Arino! Ganbatte!

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
The Firemen on SFC will be the last game of Season 24. The season where Arino is /techinically/ undefeated (OGAWA!!!!!!!!!!!). I can't tell from watching the raws, but is the show acknowledging this in any way? Or did the Muscle Bomber "loss" take the wind out of the sails? Seems like it should be a pretty big deal. He's had really great win/loss records in the past few seasons admittedly.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
I immediately thought of God of War and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction too. Close the circle. I imagine one of those might be harder to get clearance for.

But Ka and Katamari would be easy slam dunks.

Eternal Darkness and Wario World would be great Gamecube games to see.

There are any number of GBA games that would work great in this format.

That said there are way too many Fami/SuFami/MD/PCEngine games I'd want to see first anyway.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Unreasonable specifications of transcendental difficulty.

Arino challenges Dragon's Lair on Famicom next. Screenshots show him getting to level 3 at least which is impressive. Epic episode incoming.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Is Kate available to teach me nihongo? MONKEY GET!

And may the geese continue to be the most noble of avians. Praise to thee!

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Kakaricho posted:

This might be my favorite segment ever.

Seconded. It's amazing that GCCX can still manage to find ways to top themselves after all of these years. Other than the inability to do the TamaGe segments, the show is as strong as it's ever been.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Thank you Geese, and double thanks for working to fill in the backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
So the best segment in GCCX history ends the only way it could.

ありがとうごケイト先生

And thanks to you too Geese, よろしく お願いします.