Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I just had to stop the video to express my love of how Arino looks when he flubs the first bonus stage. Also, is that fanart supposed to be Summer Wars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Deceased Crab posted:

Or maybe I'm just a little slow and have poor reading comprehension skills. I kind of like a longer list though.

Like the one in the OP?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Can someone explain what this insult actually means? It's popped up a few times and I'm not 100% sure.

It's implying that you (or whoever) is dirty, and below whoever said it.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

take_it_slow posted:

Perfect! Downloading now, thanks.

Serious question, why do people prefer Multiupload to torrents?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, right now the bottleneck for initially seeding the torrent is my slow upstream connection. It's part of the reason why I have been resistant to using torrents for distribution. We'll see how it works out when this is all over though...

It'll be tricky starting out, but once it gets going it'll be MUCH better, trust me.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

zari-gani posted:

Anyone looking to get into some Bomberman action, get Super Bomberman for SNES with Turbo Tap.

No way, Mega Bomberman/Bomberman '94 was the best one. Unless Super Bomberman has kangaroos in it.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Vlaphor posted:

On the contrary, it is you that does not get SA. We welcome people introducing themselves, especially on threads such as these. You paid your $10 fee, welcome to the family.:D

Shut the gently caress up and get out.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

gently caress yeah Takeshi's Castle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvIybNaWKjg

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Why is registering to an anime/Japanese tv show torrent site such a big deal?

Corridor posted:

I didn't :stare:

http://www.alluvion.org/

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Ledneh posted:

Now I'm intensely sad that I will never hear Arino converse with the ADs in mudokon fashion.

:smith:

Moses would have had to say "All of you" :colbert:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I don't know why, but Go by Train is so much more interesting than it should be.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Insulting a train game? That means we're doing only your least favorite episodes from now on!

I wasn't dissing it, I'm just surprised that something so mundane was made into a game so cool.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

GidgetNomates posted:

You should check out the reddit thread. Nowadays we make fun of people who defend offensive "jokes".

Who's "we"?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

The part at the end where Arino panicked with the platforms was heartbreaking, because it looked like he could just stand still on them. He would have passed if he stopped hopping around like a doofus.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Uznare posted:

I don't think that's how the game works, if you notice, the physics in the game are wonky as hell and kagekiyo keeps in place while the platform still moves, so it's actually LESS dangerous to hop around than it is to stand still

He's found places to stand safely on those platforms before, if it didn't work he could just walk left and right.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

Commercials are the best part. I love when fansub groups like gg leave in one or two. I'd watch the poo poo out of a channel that was just ads and didn't keep breaking to watch celebrities watch something else.

No lie, Morning Rescue was probably one of the best parts of Madoka Magica.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Except for the Yellow Devil, Arino seemed like he kind of tore through that one. He beat half of the bosses without using their weaknesses against them.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Opendork posted:

He only beat Bomb Man and Cut Man without their weaknesses, though. That's a third of them, granted, but those are the easiest two anyway. I was more impressed with beating Wily without the Rolling Cutter, honestly. Mostly because I am incredibly stupid and never thought to just stand next to him when I played.

He beat a couple more during the re-fights. I remember because He forgot that Guts Man's weakness was the bomb.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

The big problem is that most of the good Zelda games are just too easy, and if he's not struggling at some part it's not really that fun to watch.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

zari-gani posted:

I still want to see him play Ecco the Dolphin. Can't Kibe force the challenge on him? Imagine the photoshopped Arino-head bumper image for that.

"A dolphin fighting against Giger aliens while traveling through time? Man, western games are so weird!"

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Kleevah posted:

Came across this kind of randomly, but I thought some of you might enjoy it. It's a subbed episode of AMETALK about gundam featuring Arino and some other japanese comedians.

http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.com/2011/11/video-subbing-ametalk-gundam-comedians.html

Arino does barely anything but I still enjoyed it because I'm also a Gundam nerd.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Wagacopter made me laugh way too hard.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

"Here's a fax from Nina Sakamoto." "Oh, it's written in Japanese!" "I think she has Japanese ancestors or something."

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Vlaphor posted:

He then hangs his head, thinking about today's filming, before putting out his cigarette and reminding himself to score more heroin from the cameraman.

Perish the thought! I'm sure Abe is a gentleman, through and through. People who can cook that well don't deal drugs.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

zrrgin posted:

My guess is Tecmo Wrestling since we've already seen it. I hope it's not another golf game.

There's clearly only one answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0
Even if it doesn't make a drat bit of sense.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Wow, this Yuuyu person really likes...

back massagers...?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

"I pray for many people to play the English version of our game."

...:smith:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

That game's not like Jump Ultimate Stars at all.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

joek0 posted:

Famicom Jump is an RPG. Jump Ultimate Superstars is an fighting/brawler game. Of course it would be 2 different games.

Whhhooooaaaa really?!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Maybe you can show how much you're improving by not posting.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Give me Kirby's Dream Course.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Pretty awesome fanart this time around.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Tewratomeh posted:

Basically the game that the West knows as "Super Mario Bros. 2" might have actually wound up as Super Mario Bros. 2 worldwide if the original concept had Miyamoto's approval. But it didn't, so it became Doki Doki Panic, and then ultimately Super Mario Bros. 2 in the West.

I guess that's why they were so willing to put DDP characters in other Mario games.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

You can tell a game is going to be quality work when they have to give you a self-destruct button.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Vlaphor posted:

They're doing a thing over at Kotaku where you can ask a localizer from Xseed various questions and this exchange came up.

[Person] What was the biggest flop you brought over?

[Xseed] Don't know exactly which, but Retro Game Challenge and Half-Minute Hero were not particularly popular. :(

[Other Person] Retro Game Challenge 2 please? Kotaku needs more Arino

[Xseed] Sorry, man. That ship has sailed.

Man, those were both amazing games with sequels, too. What the hell, America?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

zari-gani posted:

I didn't want to translate the entire thing ... Arino is thrown into a ring with a wrestler where he proceeds to get clotheslined.

You're lying about one of these two things.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Clearly the best part of either episode was Arino ducking to make the mouth open and making silly noises.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

zari-gani posted:

There's a decent photo of it in the GCCX V book, but it's just all the games Arino's challenged so far.

Although, the merchandise booth one is different and made completely out of Famicoms. Maybe a history of Famicom games in chronological order? The upper left ones seem to have the old plain labels.
ETA: A closer look.

The Steel Battalion box makes me assume it's every game he's played on the show.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

xamphear posted:

The domain registration expired on 2012-09-22 and r1ch didn't renew it. His last post on the forums was a month ago. Does anyone know him outside of the forums? He's got a very narrow window in which he can reclaim the domain before it gets incredibly hard to recover.

Worse comes to worst, we could just upload them to some anime torrent aggregator. Just remember to update your Adblock ahead of time, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have fond memories of cursing whoever thought that hitting inanimate objects would hurt you in the game. gently caress that guy.