Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Random Stranger posted:

Well, he is in front of Nintendo HQ (I'm a touch disturbed that it's gotten to the point that I recognize the building).

Well, it does say nintendo on the sign there. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Thanks for the challenge result spoiler PaletteSwappedNinja :colbert: (not that I expected him to fail)

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's Yoiko's latest video, they played a couple of indie games (Humans Fall Flat and Celeste):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unqxta2qRsc

Nintendo's marketing ploy is working well, now I really want to play Celeste.

Always a solid mix of joy and pain watching Hamaguchi being absolutely awful at video games. Overcooked is going to be a trainwreck, can't wait!

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Kakaricho posted:

______man is the next episode, what's it going to be?

Finally we're getting a Pepsiman episode

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Rather sensibly Lowtax will probably spend a lot of the money on attempting to stay alive in a non-bedridden fashion, so who knows about that. All that can reasonably be done is then done though.

Being bedridden sounds a lot better than wasting it all on lining the XenForo people's pockets. With something as menial as forums software you'd think getting off the vBulletin death train would be the perfect time for moving to a free software solution instead of the very same type of proprietary PHP garbage you're running from (created by the very same people).

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Hamaguchi's just about the last person in the world I'd want guiding me on bomb defusal.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Hope they've stacked up on enough quality Dendy games now to last for all of season 24.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Kakaricho posted:

The next challenge is a Disney game.

I'm guessing Aladdin, except the timing's a bit weird with doing it now instead of when it was in theatres.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

cubeboy posted:

Just finished watching the Hammerin' Harry episode, and it appears that this is the first one shot during the pandemic. Any specific highlights that tie into the Pandemic? It looks like Arino was by himself during the taping, but you could hear people maybe outside the conference room? Did Abe even show up at all?

Not sure if it counts as a spoiler but no he was alone in the room, they just used fixed cameras. Staff were monitoring from a separate room. They deliberately chose a short and easy game to "limit exposure" for Arino, which I assumed means that they planned on shooting several episodes back-to-back to limit the number of days he needs to come in for recording the challenges.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
https://1.1.1.1/

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-dns-over-https

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, that doesn't work for some ISPs. They block the whole range of IPs, not just DNS lookups over their own DNS servers.

Well that sucks, I thought they all just censored DNS lookups. How common is IP address blocking?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Kakaricho posted:

Game Center KBX will have a second episode on March 13th.

Now that is some great news, the first one was a lot of fun!

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Kakaricho posted:

A Tamage DVD selection will be released on Sept 2nd.

Contents sound cool but I wish Japan would stop it with the DVDs already.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Mister Chief posted:

There are Tower Record stores all over Japan mate.

I'm sure most people go there for music though. DVD video is objectively poo poo quality, if they'd release on both BD/DVD I wouldn't have any complaint. The show looks great as aired on Fuji TV ONE so it's such a letdown watching the home video releases.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Mister Chief posted:

CDs aren’t the best…

I've never listened to a CD and gone "this sounds like poo poo, I wish it was available in a better quality format". Maybe an audiophile would disagree. I do this every time I watch a DVD, though (s/sounds/looks/).

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Hirayuki posted:

DVDs are a better fit for the whole retro theme of the show.

The games themselves look fine on DVD, but all the non-game segments look like trash with the low resolution and heavy DVD compression. Since the tamage DVD will be focused on location shooting (rather than captured video game footage) that surely isn't recorded in SD in the first place, it's a shame. Retro != garbage video quality, and the normal broadcasts are in excellent quality despite the shoestring budget.

Pretty weird to prefer SD MPEG-2 video for newly produced content in 2022 but ok you guys have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Lifespan posted:

Car nerd who is also a huge GCCX fan, that looks like Maserati GranTurismo. The red leather interior is an awesome choice, but I find it really odd that he is rocking an LHD version. They make RHD versions but maybe it is cheaper to import an LHD version and just live with it?

My impression is that it's "cooler" to own an LHD car to really drive home the point that it's not a domestic manufacture.