Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

fromagex posted:

I concur. My roommate is absolutely atrocious at Mario games.

I have to agree as well. When I was in college I watched my college roomate attempt to play through SMW, and he was easily multiple times worse than Arino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Hokuto posted:

I assumed this when I went to Japan, but my US-made digital alarm clock ran slowly when plugged into an outlet there, which led to me oversleeping on my first morning there. That was embarrassing.

Game consoles tend to run fine on both types of voltage, and the outlets are the same, but the voltage is definitely different between the US and Japan.

The voltage is slightly different (120V in the US vs 100V in Japan), but the reason your clock ran slow was because parts of Japan have an AC frequency of 50hz while your clock was designed for 60hz.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

You guys are too good to us. Can't wait to watch this one.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

So this isn't tool-assisted then, he's actually playing it?

Yes, that is a recording of him playing the game in person for a charity event.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

TemporalParadox posted:

Now back on topic, I am pretty pumped for this episode.
I only found out about the game fairly recently, I should really get around to giving it a try. I find it surprising that it never got released in NA, it looks very polished and seems like it would have done quite well.

It's probably because it was released very late in the Famicom's lifetime, after the SNES had already launched in NA. I guess they felt sales potential just wasn't very good at that point. I have no idea how it ended up being released in Scandinavia in 1993 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

KoldPT posted:

Hey, is there any picture of zari-gani's sgdq shirt? I completely missed it during the actual event :(

Also, congratulations on finishing up season 8! I really need to work on catching up sometime.