Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I can't seem to find it online so it may not matter. :downs:

I guess that's something to look for next time I or someone I know is in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Kakaricho posted:

Is this it? Says it has the bonus DVD with Arino.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E...y/dp/B004U4QVJG

Oh poo poo! That does appear to be it, assuming the description is right. And that seems absurdly cheap for a rare Japanese Blu Ray, too. I think I'll pick it up, good looking out!

Edit: Ordered! Thanks guys. :)

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 14, 2016

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Checking back in to say that SA-GCCX is still great, the posters in this thread are still friendly and fun, and Arino Shinya is still my hero.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

I think it's because "Aro" isn't a common Japanese name.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Oh man Ape Escape sounds perfect for GCCX. I wonder how many times Arino will yell the Japanese title out loud while winking at the camera.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Fun tidbit: Arino is a recruitable character in the new Kairosoft game, Pocket Arcade Story.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

I think Super Potato and maybe some of the other retro game stores in Akihabara might still carry some GCCX stuff.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Lifespan posted:

I was in Japan in December and went retro hunting across Akihabara and Osaka. While many shops had GCCX stuff as decoration, I actually didn't see anything for sale. Maybe an expensive DVD set.

Sorry, I should have said I've only seen DVDs. Even those are getting kinda rare in those shops now though.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Kakaricho posted:

New web series announcement - Yoiko's Minecraft Survival Life.

Neither Arino nor Hamaguchi have ever played Minecraft before. So, starting in early June, Nintendo will stream episodes of them trying to survive while playing it on the Nintendo Switch.
No official declaration, but I imagine it'll play off their annual "Desert Island Life" special a little bit.

It won't be aired live, but while they play, they'll be asking for help at the show's official Twitter account, @yoiko_minecraft, and using the advice in future episodes. Could your advice be the hint that saves them, or totally changes how the show plays out?

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/art...campaign=topics

Is this supposed to be a joke about some show they did on a desert island? I've never seen it but I want to say I've seen a video game about it somewhere.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Speaking of which, I would love to see Arino tackle the first Resident Evil on PSX. It seems like the kind of game that would really suit the format of the show. Somewhat on the short side, lots of long and short term decision-making, lots of dramatic moments, and most importantly lots of opportunities for the use of the white board!

Not gonna lie, I love me some episodes that use the white board.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Bloodplay it again posted:

Great news, he played the Director's Cut of RE as the exclusive challenge for DVD Box Set 12. I just watched it a few nights ago and it's pretty entertaining.

Well poo poo. How do I find this?

Edit: Nevermind, found it!

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 4, 2017

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Yeah I forgot Amazon had a Japanese store for a moment haha.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Kakaricho posted:

If he wants to pay my bills and give me a decent health plan, I'll be translating 8-10 hours a day.
You have any idea what an emergency C-Section costs?

I had a kid, he's pretty great.

Congratulations!

By the way, (to people other than new father Kakaricho) does SAGCCX ever take translation submissions?

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 22, 2017

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

A rather dull comment on that is also that it is television and it'd be real bad if he failed to celebrate beating the boss just because he wanted to be sure there weren't another phase. Beating the game without good footage of it would be about as bad as not beating the game ;)

I think this is a good point. If it really is the end, you want to a good reaction shot to the climax, and I bet Arino understands that, too. If he doesn't celebrate and there is no extra boss, then they've missed a moment of genuine joy and pride that they could've recorded and used as the ending to the episode. If he celebrates every time, then they've got good footage to use either way.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Legend of Kage was a cool game. It kinda feels like you're playing scenes from a movie.

Using ninja magic for the first time and watching all the bodies fall out of the trees creeped me the gently caress out though.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Yeah to be clear, what is "taboo" is a different conversation. It can be socially acceptable to shame someone in a particular way, depending on where you live. That doesn't mean it doesn't upset that person.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Hell yeah, super excited to try out this Dragon's Lair episode.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Yeah for what Retro Game Challenge was trying to do, i.e. translate that nostalgic experience for American kids who played games and read mags like EGM in the 90s, I think that was a really well done adaptation. Would be cool to have a retranslation directed at fans of GCCX though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Only posting this here because I'm guessing they'll see it: https://www.youtube.com/@RndStranger/videos

Is this RndStranger our very own Random Stranger? If so, cool channel! I subscribed instantly.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 2, 2024