Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.

rdbbb posted:

No AD appearance at all in this first part.

First part? Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this. I wonder if they decided on Battletoads because of the suggestions from people on the USA trip...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Are you impatient like me?

Does your torrent client supports Magnet links?

Here's a magnet link to the Kid Dracula episode.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

softcorps posted:

in some of the earlier (TV-Nihon?) episodes, they mention "axels" whenever they talk about movement on motor vehicles, but always in a way that didn't quite make sense.

I think my favorite TV Nihon mixup is during an early Tama-ge when they had "Zebius" instead of Xevious, only to get it right a few minutes later.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

As soon as I saw the episode fanart, I heard in my head the sound effects and music for when Pac-Man finds an item, picks it up, jumps around, and triumphantly holds said item up.

....yeah, I played this game too much when I was 16-17ish. Many thanks for doing this episode sooner as opposed to later!

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

I wonder how many people went "Wow, a bunch of replies, must be a new episode" and then read... and then, like me, are now all :rock: going "FINALLY! Some R1 GCCX DVDs I can buy!"

The fact that Kotaku substandard and occasionally erroneous subs are being tossed aside in favor of Zari-gani's work is a bonus.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Davzz posted:

Haven't never played the original MM1 and only the PSP remake, what the heck did half of the pick-ups actually do? At first I thought they were points but the points didn't actually increase and I don't see MM's health increasing or anything.

The game actually looks kind of beta-ish, in a way.

The circle thingies added to a bonus counter when you beat the boss of the level.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Personally, I'd really like to see the two Shiren the Wanderer (92 & 93) episodes translated. I want to see Arino play a different type of game. The Fire Emblem episode from the Nintendo channel would also be cool.

Discotek has granted part of your wish. From Diskotek's facebook:

quote:

More Retro Game Master Game Center CX news! We're getting 2 more episodes! And they are both 2 part episodes. So in addition to the Mighty Bomb Jack live challenge we will also be adding Ninja Gaiden II: the Dark Sword of Chaos, and Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer. This boxset will be packed! Still hoping for an August release but it may end up September.

The DVDs are shaping up to be even more of a must buy for me.

Shingen fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 20, 2012

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Vlaphor posted:

and also this TAS is amazing as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5tyMXXDPX4

This is the TAS I show to people who are all "Why would I want to watch something like THAT?"

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Another episode? Other than "thanks again, team" I really don't know what to say.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Emalde posted:

Oh my god Arino what are you doing you just glued like a collective $400 to a piece of paper! :supaburn:

Good episode though. There was something oddly catchy about the game over theme.

I have had various parts of that game's soundtrack stuck in my head for years. Played a bootleg version of the arcade game back in the late 80s, and still play it today, since it is out on virtual console/live arcade/PSN. It (the episode) was like watching my ten year old self, only instead of needing quarters to continue, it is left and start.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

I had no idea you need to beat the game with all four characters to get the ending!!

It also took me a few minutes to go "Wait a minute, the player characters don't shrink when they're down to one hit in this version".

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

joek0 posted:

As long as we get an average of 1 sub a week, I will be happy. I am just glad to have at least 50 subbed episodes a year. More is just a bonus. Thanks for all the hard work SA Team.

Honestly, I am happy we get more than one a year.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Joctan posted:

So, what game do you consider super hard than arino has beaten?

Spoiler for an episode yet to be subtitled: Battletoads.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

The Retro Game Master USA Facebook group just linked the Amazon best seller rankings for "TV Game shows".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959121011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last

I went to the link and smiled.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

My personal favorite "Sing whatever the hell you want" is from the Lemmings episode (the regular episode, not 24hr) - Dragon Quest inn theme. Due to the theme's presence within, it has forced me to sing "Sergio Echigo" multiple times during games of Fortune Street much to the confusion of my opponents. (Spoilered for the benefit of those who have yet to watch the episode, even though it's an old release)

Shingen fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 30, 2012

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

Watching the New Year's 'Special', I'm curious: why does the sound quality go to hell in the last couple minutes? Anyone know?

Until someone else contradicts me, I'm blaming it on Inoko MAX, but I immediately forgive him.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Azazell0 posted:

Can anyone remember off-hand what episode had the TamaGe visit to a small restaurant/bar/cafe which was basically someone's living room, with Famicom and games in the cupboard drawer?

I just rewatched that one last night... Season 6, episode 042, Adventure Quiz Hatena's Quest

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Mister Crane posted:

But the dvds' subtitles are visually lower quality.

On a technical level, DVD subtitles are a lower resolution than what can be "burned" onto an AVI file.

My gut reaction to your post is to tell you to gently caress off and deal with it, you're nitpicking retarded poo poo.

On a related note, what bugs me about a lot of people who hate on the DVDs, when you think about it and get down to it for a majority of those who are like that among people I know, it's because they don't want to spend money on the show, they just want to watch it for free. I have one friend who wanted to borrow my set to watch the Shiren episode, and before asking to borrow it, told me flat out that if he had the DVDs he'd rip them and put them up on bittorrent.

Thankfully I managed to convince two friends to pick up a copy to offset this somewhat.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

If someone could be so kind as to send off the GCCX swapnote stationary to 1993-7426-4241 that'd be awesome. Roommate just got a 3DS. If you need to be added back PM me or throw me an e-mail at tehshingen@gmail.com.

Looking forward to watch the Asia episode... looks to be a good one.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

bpc908 posted:

the announcement is about streaming apparently, disappointed I wanted a new DVD

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=499267730131659&id=183607395031029

Streaming can lead to DVDs. I'm just hoping it's not Hulu.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

AnotherGamer posted:

Sega's never understood marketting in any sense, way, or form for as long as they've existed, Segata Sanshiro is probably the only even remotely memorable ad campaign of theirs and even that is Japan only.

How about the SEGA yell from 90% of their 90s commercials? As seen at the end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVQ1fP7dNEE

*random person/creature yells SEGA!*

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Ah, I see. Been a real long couple of days, no braining good.

You're welcome, I actually added a bunch more pictures of when the merchandise first went on sale. It went on sale at 1 PM, but when I got there at 12:45 there was about 200 people.

http://imgur.com/a/e9x1G

One of those pictures there... am I mistaken, or did Konami OK the Tokimeki Memorial episode for DVD?

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

...GCCX works because Arino is so nice. Anyone know any nice middle-aged American comedians that could be tapped for a hypothetical project?

Gabriel Iglesias seems a good fit for an "Arino-like" level of nice-ness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Andorra posted:

Seeing them on video is one thing, but playing his levels make me realize that Arino really knows good level design.

It's so jarring going from Arino's levels which are GENUINELY GOOD, to the Facebook level. Which is not an example of good level design.