Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Aku posted:

I was satisfied with how they portrayed us Americans, too. I mean, all I could think of was "Yup, that's how I expected us to be like to Arino"(in a good way), and he treated us way nicer than how he usually treats arcades in Japan, even. I mean, that could possibly be because fans on the inside knew beforehand of his visit, but that's still nothing but more good press for GCCX.

And you didn't miss much with the DOOM cart not working. The SNES port was terrible, only slightly better than Wolfenstein 3D.

I thought the SNES port was the best console one? Or at least it was the only one that did the music properly.

I've seen an episode of this here and there, but I binged through a bunch when I saw Yoshi's Island was posted. It's incredibly charming and Arino is just the cutest sometimes, especially around kids. Have his kids ever been on the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Tobaccrow posted:

I was let down by the Parappa episode because they didn't go for the bigger accomplishment of finishing all stages in Cool-rank and unlocking the bonus stage. Especially given how quickly Arino was able to clear the Jane. Almost seemed like a cop-out.

I'm hoping for an Um Jammer Lammy challenge, once normal then again with the Parappa versions of the songs . If anything, the marker actually corresponds to when you have to press.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Just finished watching it. I love the TamaGe segments, especially the cool little candy stores. And god drat did they run with the loud plane gag. Not that I'm complaining...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

From looking at the show I think it's completely mechanical; no electronics at all.

I got that impression too. It would explain how you could try as many times as you like..

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

I don't know what you guys were talking about, saying this was a bad episode. I think it was all worth it for this, what could possibly be my favorite title card in the entire series so far:

http://i.imgur.com/nbODRRVl.jpg

I found the game parts pretty boring, but the TamaGe more than made up for it...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

bpc908 posted:

I've now noticed it's been about 3 years since Game Center CX: Arino No Chousenjou 2 has been released. I wonder if the folks at Bandai-Namco and indieszero have decided to make a GCCX game for the 3DS

I hope not, only because the 3DS is region locked so I'll never be able to play it.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Azazell0 posted:

I would love for Arino to challenge Duck Tales, but would it be a bit too short and/or easy? Another good choice would be Aladdin, which is one of my favourite SNES Disney games.

God, I can only imagine how long it would take Arino to clear the cave escape level on the carpet...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

PosSibley posted:

Abe and I have come for the Plushies.

I'll threaten you with a smile :v:

God, am I jealous. Also, I'm cracking up that Abe is barely beating Arino in that Facebook poll by a mere five votes.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

This is a game I've always wanted to check out since I was seriously into Harvest Moon 64. I remember reading Nintendo Power articles about whichever ones got released here, but never got around to playing any.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

This episode's Tamage just shot to the top of my favorites, and I think once people watch it you'll know why :3:.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

The game that has been played in the most episodes of Game Center CX is Super Monkey Adventure. That's not a surprise since it was in a segment. So discounting that game that had a segment all of its own, what game has been played in more GCCX episodes than any other game.

Hint: Even when it's not played, it's appeared in the background of more than a dozen episodes.

Either Metal Slug, or an entire episode devoted to Arino having to beat a gauntlet of those coin flick games.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

So next hint: it's only been seen on the show in arcade trip segments and Arino is really good at it.

A crane machine filled with panties? QIX clones that show scantily clad anime women?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can't really say GCCX has "made it" in America until they announce Guy Fieri's Retro Game Master USA!!!!! or something.

That reminds me, what episode had the okonomiyaki restaurant that had video game themed dishes?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Chiming in to say that was excellent...I died at the Bubble Bobble part.

EDIT: Right down to panning over the ads too, very nice.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 1, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

joek0 posted:

New Episode
4/11/2013
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse

Ooh, i might try and find the raw for this. I used to rent this all the time when i was younger. I remember it being hard, but that may have just been age. This will be a good one.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I just remembered, the Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy games have near identical gameplay to the game in the latest episode. I don't know if they're connected at all though, since all I can find are people pointing out the same thing.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

MkidTrigun posted:

I'm still working my way through the seasons but I did watch Actraiser out of order, must've been where I heard it. Thanks for the info!

So after watching Arino take on Takeshi's Challenge for the second time, I decided that I should torture myself and attempt to go through it as well. Looking up hints on GameFAQs, I found something interesting that I had to try out and verify: On the title screen, if you press the punch button ~20 thousand times, it warps you straight to the final room. After 20 minutes of autofire and fast-forward, I can confirm that this works. The only thing is that you warp there with NO items or weapons whatsoever, you basically have to avoid as many enemies as you can before getting to the treasure.

I would have LOVED for them to give the usual long explanation for that, whiteboard and everything.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

(The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Help me remember the name of a game!!!)

I know someone answered already, but that thread exists, too.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I love the arcade trips when cute old people run the store :3:.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 6, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Zain posted:

The game I really want Arino to plat is Mischief Makers. Since it's about that era is where he's gotten to and it's a treasure game I'm sure he'd have the utmost fun with.

I can see it now. "Arino's goal...see the ending."

AD walks out "You need to collect all the gold crystals to unlock the full ending. You...only got two."

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I like Retro Read Along because Arino having the player character's lines which are barely anything will always be funny to me.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Speaking of cheat devices, which episode had him buy the slow-mo thing that plugged into the Famicom, which was really just a turbo pause button?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Can't wait to get that book when I have some extra money.

Question about the Lemmings episodes in the OP. I know 73 is a regular episode, but whats the difference between 89, LE3, and the one from LCGCCX?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

Does there happen to be an official youtube channel that has all the translated episodes so far?

There isn't an official one, and a bunch got taken down a couple months ago. I found this one though so maybe it will last a bit http://www.youtube.com/user/GCCXKachoOn

EDIT: I really only watched the Magical Quest one, but I think most of them are from the SA team if that matters to you.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 26, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I wouldn't even want to go to a "regular" maid cafe but drat it, after watching that I want to go to a tsundere one.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

McLaglen posted:

There's only one GCCX-themed stationery so far; you can check here for a complete collection.

At the time of writing, out of the 64 available, I can hook you up with any of 'em. FC is 0946-2283-6120.

Getting on this bandwagon again. Im 3308-4582-5740. If anyone besides McLaglen adds me PM me, I already have a ton of people to keep up with in the AC thread.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

mikeycp posted:

For those of you who have been playing the new Animal Crossing, and were sad that you can't dress like Arino, a hero on Pixiv has cured your woes.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=34399882

fake edit: If it's not kosher to post links to Pixiv, tell me and I'll take it right down.

Also a Game Center CX room here.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Chronomaster posted:

You'll have to trade in a full set to get the Abe card, and only have a one in three chance of getting the gold foil variant with the action shot alternate art. Have fun.

What about a lenticular card from when Arino rode on the back of the arcade bike with him?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I don't think anyone posted her's, but here's Black KirbyWatanabe's card:

Fooley fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 5, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd love to see a marathon where a person does each game Arino has played in order.

That would make an awesome theme for all the charity gaming marathons that crop up around the holidays.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

bpc908 posted:

Why would parts of it be in english if it's a japanese game, hmmmm

Sometimes they use english in things just because. Unless you're implying this means its going to be released in the west which who knows.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Hirayuki posted:

This inspired me to check for used copies of the DS game at Gamestop today. No luck, but others in the area have it for a whopping $1.99. I hope to have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week.

It took me hitting every Gamestop in a reasonable distance until I came back to the first one, and the girl working that day decided to check a drawer that apparently NOBODY else thought to. No case but finally getting it for under 5bux was pretty sweet.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Ah, I see. Been a real long couple of days, no braining good.

You're welcome, I actually added a bunch more pictures of when the merchandise first went on sale. It went on sale at 1 PM, but when I got there at 12:45 there was about 200 people.

http://imgur.com/a/e9x1G

That Inoko MAX card is a thing of beauty. I also spotted a couple Arino cosplayers :3:.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I didn't expect it this fast. You guys are the best.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

It's here: http://www.sa-gccx.com/

As you'll notice a lot of the episodes still don't have any download options. If you can provide me with valid direct download, torrent links or embeds (dailymotion only for now) then I will gladly add them.

There is a torrent RSS feed for the most recent episodes and going forward the new episodes will be posted to twitter but there will be a lag as I have to prepare pages for them.

If you have any links or feedback then post it here but I'll be away from my work machine for a couple of weeks so I won't be making drastic changes.

Enjoy.

I love you guys.

You or whoever runs it should post it to the SA GCCX Facebook page. I guess the paywall is up and people were complaining.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

TheMcD posted:

This doesn't leave too many options, now.

The only thing left is to speculate wildly.

They're going to handle translating for a GCCX AMA?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I can't remember the arcade part, but the one where he goes to that bar that looks like someones house. Also the ones where him and Takahashi buy up AKB48 stuff.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Krioni posted:

Did I just see who I think I saw in that trailer?

Toujima at the school entrance 0:32 on the second trailer
Man I want to watch this so bad now.

Oh my god yes. I could've sworn I read in the thread cast/crew from GCCX would appear in the past parts, but I'm not sure. I am super excited for this.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I'm hoping for Cool Spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Would anyone mind making a gif of the "Kacho On...:smug:" part from this episode?