Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
I would have thought that with the amount of work CPS has to do (in Australia at least they are vastly understaffed and overworked) they wouldn't take kids away unless they thought the situation was fairly dire. So I'm a little confused as to why they're taking the kids away if there are just 'a couple of soft spots' and it's 'a little messy'. Maybe you and they have different definitions of what messy means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3

I Ozma Myself posted:

Not to mention that maybe if you have a 5 year old running around, you lose the luxury of sleeping in past 10am when they're awake and good to go early in the am. If the OP doesn't have a job, why exactly isn't this kid being monitored more carefully?

I Ozma Myself posted:

She's five years old. That is not appropriate parenting, I don't even know why you would need to be told that. You don't wait for your five year old to come in and wake you up, you get up out of bed and take care of the children you decided to have and make sure they don't need to wake you up and inform you that they're hungry.

Exactly, I would have been completely bewildered and freaked out if my parents had slept that late as a kid! I do not care about your late nights, you have children you forfeited sleep-in rights! ONE OF YOU should be up to tend to your child's needs when they wake up! I cannot believe it was 10am and you did not know your child was missing, that's pretty disgraceful.

Those photos are disgusting and the first thing I thought of (like others) was "looks like an episode of Hoarders."

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3

CATCHAIR posted:

So, kinda wondering, did you even want the kids in the first place? Or did they just fall out and crawl around while you threw cheezits and sugar at them.

"Get that for me, will you Dierdre?!"