Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Game doesn't even start for me, I click 'play' in the launcher and then the process starts and ends without even giving a splash screen or anything :confused:

I'm trying to launch from steam for what it's worth

edit: apparently it's a physx problem, thanks for not giving me any error messages you lovely game

Brooks Cracktackle fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I'm GhostDadRecon on Joker, an invite to SomethingLawful would be nice :shobon:

So what does prestige actually do for you? Is there any reason to do missions other than get money?

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Asa_Shoryu posted:

I was thinking of going back to the game, but can't decide if it's worth re-downloading.

You literally spent $10 to post this

Anyway, this game is actually pretty fun. Seems like the starting assault rifle is pretty decent, and open mic means I had morons complaining about 'getting destroyed by a noob' all evening.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I made horns.aiff but it doesn't really work without horns :(

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

LTL in choke points is the best thing. You stun and arrest the first moron who comes in, and one by one the rest of the enemy team will come in to rescue their buddy, setting you up to do the same thing to them :v:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Is it possible to get bros to buy you poo poo you haven't unlocked yet? Eg. vehicles?

I want a silly muscle car :(

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Daztek posted:

Yes, but you won't be able to customize it.

That's a drag.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Moogulus Caesar posted:

gently caress you, GhostDadRecon.

I didn't pull the trigger, man! I didn't drive that vehicle!

(That poo poo was awesome, and I have yet to find a thread on the forums about it, so I doubt one will appear)

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

You don't need hackers to have a bad time in APB.

"Hold this big rear end oil drum" end objective.

Their drop is 200m away from it. Ours, is 350m away.

I die to an enemy player who makes not a single sound except for when he's firing his weapon.

I respawn 600m away from their drop.

Of course we lost.

The lows are very frequent.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I don't mind the whole renting guns thing in this, but the cash shop suffers from some pretty serious pay-to-win syndrome. There are absolutely weapons in the cash shop which you cannot get anything analogous to with ingame currency, and which are unequivocally better than anything you can get with ingame currency.

Unfortunately, people are really dumb so the cash shop prices are exorbitant. 50 bux for an internet sniper rifle? Sign me up :downsgun:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

LZ IS HOT, I REPEAT, LZ IS HOT

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Fun time~!

http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/310300567

At 31 minutes she goes up against goons, and we get all of the backup spots too. It's pretty great.

Ahahaha, holy poo poo the goon entrance into this video at around 19:10 is loving hilarious

Nicholas Angel doing his shuffle :3:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Captain Swing posted:

You can just buy the preset crim clothes on a crim character and send them to your enforcer character.

I think they might be flagged as crim only, like the default enforcer ones are iirc.

But yes, trainee crim enforcers would be a pretty good gimmick.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

APB really is all about making people mad.

Yesterday we had two goon groups going on in the same bronze district.

My group found this dude, driving a stolen van full of loot, with a bounty of something ridiculous, 4 people in the group all got just under $4000.

Log: [OldPeculiar] Say: Not cool
Log: [OldPeculiar] Whisper: dude gently caress off
Log: To [OldPeculiar]: nice loot in here
Log: [OldPeculiar] Whisper: nice being a loving cheap skank
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: its like any cop does anything to win in this game, it's loving ridiculus
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: not even
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: loving win trading basicly
Log: [District][Kjerring]: crime doesnt pay
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: LOL you idiot you loving rammed me into a store, to make yourself win?
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: i was standing there and you loving pushed me
Log: [District][Kjerring]: you had a van full of loot, you blew it up, i witnessed you
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: w/e its 1v4
Log: [District][Bumbleton]: oh great here comes something lawful to ruin everyone's good time
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: yuou guys just group up and sheepishly win
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: and i was doing amazing wouldve got a fuckton of money, if you ddidnt gently caress it up :(

Afterwards I felt a little bad, but mostly good. A great way to enjoy the game is to put idiots you run into on the friends list.
That way can run into them later, for good times.

A little later on in the same district, our friend OldPeculiar runs into Bumbleton's group:

Log: [District][Chaos2012]: nice aimbot bumbleton, you never miss with one round with that pistol
Log: [District][Bumbleton]: noob down
Log: [District][Chaos2012]: says the aimbotter.
Log: [District][SuperAsianMan]: hacking poo poo
Log: [District][SuperAsianMan]: dam hackers srsly
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: How come i dont get any money when i ram raid and give to a contact
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: how do i get the money, i have like 5000$ stored :o
...Seconds later:
Log: [District][SuperAsianMan]: lol
Log: [District][SuperAsianMan]: he got fked
Log: [District][SuperAsianMan]: by bumbleton
Log: [District][Bumbleton]: hi that's me
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: loving rear end in a top hat
Log: [District][OldPeculiar]: loving bullshit, they ramm into me
Log: [District][Bumbleton]: remember to buy premium

All in all a good night.

That guy was great :allears:
I wish I'd screenshotted the whispers he kept sending me.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

TerminalSaint posted:

Goddamn.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

tacyak posted:

CROWE? IS THAT YOU?

Tony Hawk Pro Dumptruck

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Hooray I now have 3 4-slot fresnos :sigh:

I just want that goddamn tommy gun so bad :(

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Hentai Monster posted:

We don't take illegal street racing lightly in Something Lawful :colbert:

This is amazing :allears:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Now I really want a realistic police car. Cop roleplay griffin' looks amazingly fun.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Cronyx & Nozzle, send me your grenade logo/SLHP logo so I can finish my male highway patrol uniform
(GhostDadRecon)
thanks in advance~

e: also nozzle send me whatever other poo poo you put on the female uniform, so like the front crest

Brooks Cracktackle fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 11, 2012

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I have a male version of Deutsch Nozzle's SLHP uniform.

Letter GhostDadRecon for it (except the hat and glasses, and maybe not the vest if I feel cheap)

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Slight update to my uniform:

whoop whoop

If you want one, mail GhostDadRecon and also specify if you want rank insignia on it

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

thehumandignity posted:

Man that is way better than my lovely graffiti grenade, what with the spoon just being one big paint stroke crescent.

That is not my grenade logo, it's Cieve's (I think)

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Somebody sell me HB2. Do it.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

What time are the shenanigans tonight?

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

An Unoriginal Name posted:

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/271159-bnats-hacked-account-donation-charity/

This needs to happen more often to more crims on Joker. :smugdog: It's too bad people actually helped him.

Someone gave him 5 mil. For claiming he got hacked.

Brb postin' a thread claiming I got hacked

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Huh, that actually looks kind of cool. Too bad it's still an Espacio and thus will be terrible.

Ceive posted:

This just makes me more angry we're not getting the Mikro :argh:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Great Beer posted:

This thing is begging for a Mad Max style paint job.

Far as I know, it's only available as a preset.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

There is all sorts of cool poo poo in the APB DB that we will probably never see.

RIP sawed-off shotgun and slotted FBW :(

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Meis posted:

All that changes is the size of the crosshairs on the screen. The weapon does not get more accurate, so what's the point?

I personally find it a lot easier to keep my weapon on target when I don't have to guess where the true center of the crosshair is. Even with weapons that have a wide spread, I found my accuracy increased a lot with the smaller crosshair.

The crosshair size isn't even a good representation of weapon accuracy anyway, it's easier to get a feel for the effective fire rates of guns when you aren't paying attention to it.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Gasoline posted:

Crims complain and instead of boosting their Firebomb they nerf the Enforcer version.

Amazing.

//edit: My Firebomb still has Ramming Plate so I guess they're just retarded with their patchnotes.

Yeah, it was a patchnote fuckup. The crim one got ramming plate.

Also apparently the whisper got a marksman mode speed buff. Because that's exactly what it needed, right :rolleyes:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I might put kevlar 3 on my guy along with car surfer if I'm doing technical gunner duty.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

less than three posted:

:allears:

This is just precious.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Goddammit, this loving patch is going to make me play again, isn't it :mad:

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Songbearer posted:

Well, that's that. Banned for something I don't even know about. I've sent in another update asking them to at least explain the reason why I've got banned so I can find out if my account was compromised and see if they can investigate further, but the outlook seems bleak.

It's been a fun few years and lord knows I've had my high highs and lowest, keyboard-eating, wall pounding lows, but APB has given me some of the best moments I've ever experienced, and it's just sad that it all has to end like this.

I'll keep up hope and I'll try until all my options are exhausted, but if I don't get back in, I'd at least like to thank you all for keeping the awesome creations coming, alongside hilarious pubbie tears, that loving golden J4G reveal movie and all the emotional support for those times where APB got really rough :unsmith:

N... no...

:( RIP Mr Bee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

TerminalSaint posted:

The goonfiltration continues.

Next step: electric kazoo instrument in the music editor

• Locked thread