Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.
If you're an NPR listener you're probably familiar with the StoryCorps project, where individuals are recorded telling a story from their life (usually to another individual). Some people think they're kind of sappy and not "news" but I make a point to listen to them every week while driving to work.

This week's episode for Mother's Day got me tearing up on my commute: http://www.npr.org/2013/05/10/182636770/preserving-the-motherhood-advice-and-memories-of-a-mom

Daughter records a StoryCorps session with her mom in 2008 while she's pregnant and mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She's now recording a session five years later after her mom has passed away.

I would suggest it to listen to the audio instead of reading the text. I was fine when I was listening until they started singing the lullaby together. Then the tears came (while I was driving too).

These things always effect me because of the audio. The text has only a slight emotional response on me but hearing the mother and daughter conversing and singing together, knowing that the mother is soon to lose all her memories and abilities (and ultimately passed away three years later), just made me lose it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread