Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The part in Tangled where her dad sheds a single tear and her mom comforts him. Every. Single. Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A Garfield animated segment. A Garfield animated segment?

A Garfield animated segment.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My friend's third-year Calarts animation made me cry :qq:. I wish she could have made it longer because the "full" version was even more heartbreaking.

Lapsena

Antidote to tears: she got an internship at Pixar! :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JollityFarm posted:

I'm not the type to get weepy from movies, but there a few songs out there that profoundly wreck me. Sorry for any repeats, and sorry if it gets a bit E/N (sometimes these things make us cry because they're intensely personal).

Virtute the Cat Explains Her Departure, the Weakerthans
Apparently the cat is symbolic of the singer's strength or whatever and it's not a literal cat, but if you have ever lost a pet, this song will gut you. It's told from the missing cat in question's perspective. The third verse is usually when I have to go sit in a room alone and do embarrassing wailing. "The sound that you found for me" is just a beautiful way for a pet to think of its name, as if the owner searched through infinite ether to find it, just like he found the cat.

I don't know how a song can make me cry every single time I hear it, but there you go.

• Locked thread