Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Crucial M4 120GB SSD, but now that the Intel 330s are available for exactly the same price (1 €/GB) I'm not sure anymore. I know I should probably wait for reviews, but on the other hand Intel ...

EDIT:
From some french site.

Good enough for me. :v:
Ordered.

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

Nope, it will fly.

Might be a better question for the VM thread, but how much SSD IO performance do you lose by using Virtualization? Would passing through a complete SSD help?

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

I bought a Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe (MKNSSDCR240GB-DX7) off Amazon and when I got it I noticed that there is something like a small screw rattling loose inside the metal enclosure. Also the SATA connectors move slightly relative to the metal enclosure. This isn't normal, right? I already sent a support request, but I wanted to ask here since it is a semi-recommended drive, and maybe others have bought one too.

I hope this question is not too off-topic/small. :ohdear:

• Locked thread