Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
So after about 8 months of no issues I'm now getting random PC lockups with my 60GB OCZ Vertex 3. No errors, nothing in the event viewer after I reboot, no BSOD. Thinking of replacing it with a Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128 GB m4 SATA 6Gb/s for my OS and then using the OCZ for storing movies until OCZ gets their poo poo fixed properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

I finally got around to replacing my 64GB OCZ Vetrex 3 with a 128GB Crucial M4 that I bought in early January (needed to pick up a 5.25" hard drive rack because the Crucial didn't come with a 3.5" bracket and the HD locations in the Silverstone Raven aren't the greatest for SSDs) The OCZ decided to give me one last 'gently caress you' as part of the covering for the SATA power connector broke when I went to plug it in.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Factory Factory posted:

Re-run the Windows Experience Index.

I got a 7.9 with my Crucial M4 on a fresh install :)

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Factory Factory posted:

It's not so much about the rating as that detecting an SSD with sufficient performance triggers Windows' "Hey, we got an SSD here!" settings.

don't rain on my epenis parade

• Locked thread