Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
give it to me tabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
But make sure there's a pizza in it, first.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I guess this is a good a place as any to mention Ni-Oh, the long, long, loooooooooong-delayed Team Ninja game, has finally been re-revealed and will be out next year, exclusively for PS4. Remember, this game was supposed to be a PS3 launch title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfGYXIOems

EDIT: oh yeah, Devil's Third is out in most of the world. It's... an Itagaki game.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Well that looks really cool and I'm glad Geralt is still finding work after Witcher III.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

give it to me tabs

no!!
i'll probably give it to someone i know who likes dmc or sell it to someone i know idk
or maybe just use it to store pizza

also i guess there's a preview of the artbook and it looks pretty filled w/ developer stuff which is cool
i wish i got that instead of the pizza box..

quote:

"There was also a time when 'DMC' was titled 'Karnival.' Kamiya-san was adamant that it be 'Karnival' with a 'K,' not a 'C.'" - Yuichiro Hiraki, motion artist (DMC1)

quote:

For example, did you guy's know that Kamiya-san was initially adamant against Dante having a jump in DMC1, to the point where other team members had to convince him that the combat was getting too complicated without a jump?

Or, that if DMC3 didn't turn out well, Itsuno was basically determined to quit his job? This was coming after he was forced to develop DMC2, after all.

Or how while the half-Angel/half-Demon concept came from Ninja Theory and had those concepts they wanted to integrate, Itsuno said they had very little in the way of a vision for gameplay.

Or how Iwata is a giant perv that spent most of his time working on DMC4 Lady's short shorts. These interviews are hilarious. Itsuno also mentions how all Ninja Theory women look the same, lol.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 18, 2015

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

"There was also a time when 'DMC' was titled 'Karnival.' Kamiya-san was adamant that it be 'Karnival' with a 'K,' not a 'C.'" - Yuichiro Hiraki, motion artist (DMC1)

Kamiya is a believer of the Mortal Kombat principle.

quote:

For example, did you guy's know that Kamiya-san was initially adamant against Dante having a jump in DMC1, to the point where other team members had to convince him that the combat was getting too complicated without a jump?

Imagining this in my head, it meant that DMC would've been a Souls-like game instead of stylish action...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I guess this is a good a place as any to mention Ni-Oh, the long, long, loooooooooong-delayed Team Ninja game, has finally been re-revealed and will be out next year, exclusively for PS4. Remember, this game was supposed to be a PS3 launch title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfGYXIOems

EDIT: oh yeah, Devil's Third is out in most of the world. It's... an Itagaki game.

Never expected Team Ninja's game to be the Onimusha reboot :v:

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

Fereydun posted:

Well that explains the song from DMC1's OST titled "Karnival": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irfjUv95aE4 I always thought that was a strange name.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff on the book. Aside of the tidbits posted before, there's some that stood out to me:

- The series is supposed to be set on a fictional europe in the eighties. They didn't wanted to worry about having cellphones or computers but they wanted to have TVs :v:

- Dante's design was always meant to be that of a foreigner

- DMC3 was developed originally under that assumption it was a parallel universe, it was later that they worked it into a prequel story for DMC

- Not a real susprise but the team's original direction for Dante it was of this nihilistic anti-hero that reluctantly used his demon inheritance to fight evil. Kamiya was the one who came and said "gently caress that noise, he must be having FUN"

- For DMC2 they tried for an action packed B-movie feel while for DMC3 they were said to go nuts and just fill the game with over the top craziness not present neither in DMC2 nor DMC

- Lady's original look was inspired by Julia Volkova from t.A.T.u. The scenario writer wanted her to be an older smoking badass to serve as mentor for Dante but Itsuno pushed the schoolgirl look since "it was the only way for her to be popular with the japanese

- Jester was originally meant to be a different character from Arkham but after realizing that would conflict with the gameplay they were combined into one character.

- Nero was written first as Dante and then spun into his own character

- DMC4's scenario writer literally refers to Kyrie as "cookie-cuter admirable big sister type" :v:

- Sanctus was originally named Benedict, but then Pope Benedict was elected and they changed his name :haw:

- Itsuno says that NT is great to build visuals but they aren't used to link that to gameplay.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Would anyone like a new thread so I can write a big OP about the Debiru Mei Kurai series and sort of make it a bit of a stylish action game general?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Would anyone like a new thread so I can write a big OP about the Debiru Mei Kurai series and sort of make it a bit of a stylish action game general?

Considering this one still mentions the upcoming reboot in the title that is probably not a bad idea.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

im gonna post literally 20 mb of gifs on the first page i'll fuckin do it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll get to work on it when I get home then

Tabs you better post all the gifs

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Requesting Bayonetta 2 and MGR

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

that's a lot more than 20mb
that's too many

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Since this thread's kind of come back, does anybody have any links to good tips/etc pages? I'm playing on PS4 so I don't really have access to a practice mode and my performance in BP is wildly inconsistent (basically depending on how much I cheese using JFJC). I watched the advanced Vergil tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF16RaBq9V4) which was good but I'm looking for more in-depth stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun doing weapon switches and trying out new combos, etc. I have either massive success or I get completely destroyed. It's more fun than just using Yamato though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743043&pagenumber=1#lastpost

• Locked thread