Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mune
Sep 23, 2006
Has anyone played the Definitive Edition? I'm seeing really positive reviews for it and am thinking about picking it up - I skipped the first release because it seemed to get panned pretty hard by the userbase here. But I love the DMC series and Bayonetta, and am aching pretty hard for a good beatemup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Pesky Splinter posted:

It'll fill a hole definitely. The original release had some promise, but undermined itself with some bad design choices, and by purporting to be an evolution of the series gameplay, when pretty much everything about it was a massive regression. The changes seem to fix the majority of the complaints, at least; lack of lock-on, fps, less agressive AI, etc.

Like ManlyGrunting, don't pay too much attention to the narrative stuff. It's pretty bad. Like, shockingly bad.

It's kind of amazing in a trainwreck kinda way.

Thanks for your (and others) recommendation - I picked it up today and it seems to be pretty fun. The narrative stuff doesn't seem TOO bad so far, but then again anything's better than "The world is at last your bitch, as am I. Nothing left but to grab it by the hair, bend it over and —"

mune
Sep 23, 2006
So, I've been playing as Vergil, and as fun as it is (it is very fun) I'm having trouble nailing the timing for his JFJCs. I can do a couple pretty regularly but I'd really like to end every combo with a JFJC. I'm pretty much exclusively using the Yamato as I'd really like to master it. I sometimes incorporate Beowulf into my combos but not really that often, and I usually just forget about Force Edge.

Anyone have any extra tips as Vergil? I've already beaten most of SoS with him (I'm getting bored in the story) and have started to focus on BP. It feels like his launcher just randomly throws mobs in the air - sometimes they don't launch at all.

Also, he makes me hate Berial just because of his stupid nuke I can't dodge.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
:stare: Wow, that escalated quickly.

I went from barely beating stage 20 of the Bloody Palace to dying at stage 79 (Credo). Crazy what JFJC can do for you when you figure it out. I was trivializing all the non-blitz waves I was fighting.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Since this thread's kind of come back, does anybody have any links to good tips/etc pages? I'm playing on PS4 so I don't really have access to a practice mode and my performance in BP is wildly inconsistent (basically depending on how much I cheese using JFJC). I watched the advanced Vergil tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF16RaBq9V4) which was good but I'm looking for more in-depth stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun doing weapon switches and trying out new combos, etc. I have either massive success or I get completely destroyed. It's more fun than just using Yamato though.

• Locked thread