Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Do people usually consider Nevan to be useless against stronger enemies? It decimates enemies that trip up and fall over. Or am I just using it wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can understand blowing through DMC2 just out of curiosity, but why on earth would you play through it multiple times on higher difficulties?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pesky Splinter posted:

and the loving fish (because it's always invisible and can't be targetted by lock-on - meaning that the roundtrip is useless - add in sluggish underwater controls, and it's hell).

I watched Accounting Nightmare's LP of it, and holy god. What were they thinking?! My head was in my hands with my jaw on the floor when I watched that part.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

miscellaneous14 posted:

I'm not sure if Bayonetta technically counts as DMC-talk, but I started going through it on Hard, and oh my god that "do three climax attacks" section was a goddamn nightmare. It's not even that it was hard, just loving obnoxious with the camera constantly rotating where I couldn't see anything. Are there any other particularly-obnoxious sections like that I need to look out for, and if so, what are some effective ways to cheese past them?

Are you doing new game + and retaining your abilities? I haven't played the game in over a year but I beat all the difficulties (except easy) because I loved it so much. I remember that part being annoying on my first playthrough on normal but on subsequent playthroughs it was much more manageable because I had a better understanding of the mechanics.

Also whatever Bayonetta calls their secret rooms change depending on the difficulty.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I liked the on rail shooting parts in DMC1 and Bayonetta :( I want a Kamiya Star Fox for Wii U.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well I think I've had my fill of Metal Gear Rising, played through it 4 times on all the difficulties, the hardest one twice and I think its time to move onto something else. I'm probably going to pick up DMC4 because I rented it and blew through on easy a long time ago but I think I'm going to purchase it and play it proper. Does anyone have any suggestions to enhance the experience? I'm getting the PS3 version, I know the PC version is suppose to be the best but I don't have the rig for it. I recently played through DMC1 and 3 as well.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm replaying DMC4 and is it just me or is Dante's voice actor waaaay too quiet? I had to turn on subtitles (which I hate doing because they're distracting) because I can't understand what he's saying. Is there something wrong with my TV or my hearing? It just seems to be Dante's VA though, haven't had a problem with the other characters.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Shindragon posted:

He's a bit more toned down in 4 but I can still hear him. There have been scenes I do have to turn it up because the music is louder than his voice.

edit: Yeah that Lucifer scene basically drowned him the gently caress out.

Alright yeah that's what I just watched. It's not just me then.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I thought DMC4 had a really good combat system but otherwise a bland and forgettable game. It just seems like the developers lost interest or got burned out. Also I really dislike the dodge system enough that I've never had any motivation to replay any of the DMC games after the initial playthrough on Normal. Making the jump button the same as the dodge button, but only in certain character specific directions in a game with a set camera and fast paced combat is not the best design. It really needs a separate dodge button that lets you move in any direction.

Trickster and double jump helped though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

The regular jump also has invincibility frames. It's a dodge button at all times basically.

Unless you jump into an attack you meant to dodge or vice versa :doh:

• Locked thread