Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

Seconding that.

Bayonetta to date is the ONLY game I spent the time to get every achievement, and every unlockable in. Not ONCE did any of it feel like a chore. The gameplay is imo the pinnacle of the genre. It'll be hard to find a game that will top it in terms of style and action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

randombattle posted:

Man gently caress Ninja Theory.

This will be close to DMC2 as one of the worst DMC games.

Read the rest of that article. It really sheds some light on a few things.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

Mr. Fun posted:

I don't think that's true at all. He's trying to say that the people who are trashing the new look want to have a good DMC game, they want to see something that convinces them it's going to be good.

To be fair, that's all I've wanted from NT with this game, but like others have said, they've failed to show anything resembling a good (or even mediocre) DMC game so...

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

The demo (360 one anyway) was just bland.

It wasn't really offensively bad or anything, it just felt soulless. As several others have pointed out in the thread, if the game was called anything else it'd be getting little attention, come out with mediocre reviews and be done with it. But NT seems to be trying to hype this game up to be some big amazing production with their horrible PR.

I thought the grapple mechanics were neat, but not cool enough that I needed two buttons to push/pull, instead of just hitting one. The visuals were really quite nice but the gameplay behind them was just boring. Again, if it wasn't trying to be part of the same series that gave us DMC1, 3, and 4 maybe I wouldn't judge it so harshly, but when they keep going on and on how this is "DMC for a new generation" or whatever.

Also, I really didn't mind 2 when it came out. It's easily the weakest in the series so far but even that game felt more "DMC" than the demo did for DmC.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

"Read it and weep, haters."

There's not a big enough for that loving review. Everything about it is more or less trying to be like "SEE you so-called fans? Turns out you're a moron and that's why you should buy this game!"

• Locked thread