Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!

I hate anime stuff, but I picked DMC3 up a few years back and holy poo poo it was just so corny and fun at the same time that I fell in love with it. It was the first action brawler game I played and if you take all of the goofiness in stride it's a great little romp with some very satisfying, easy to pick up but difficult to master gameplay.

I have no idea what to think of the remake. The new Dante seems kind of odd, but from what I've seen of the trailers there might be some good ideas in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
DMC4 is entirely justified due to the cutscenes showing Dante's reaction to finding Lucifer and his showdown with Agnus

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Stygi posted:

Enemy Handicap occurs when you die a lot and use continues, causing the game to gimp the enemies out of pity.

Bleergh I love DMC4 but this is the only part that I hated when I was new to it. Yes I know I suck but I'm not going to get any better at the game if you gimp the enemies for me, goddamn it :mad:

Brawler style games like DMC and Bayonetta do Bad Things to me. I'm not usually a perfectionist with games and in fact I usually play downright sloppy, but if I get hit even once or get a lovely rating in any battle, I restart the entire mission. I'm not even that good, at least by dedicated player standards, but getting less than an A in any battle feels like a faliure to me. I've gotten used to replaying massive parts of these games now.

Unfortunately that kind of patience doesn't translate to Dark Souls very well :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
And then drank the evil poo poo himself before saying "Sorry kid... it was flat anyway" or something equally silly :3:

• Locked thread