Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life,
I think I've gone too far.

Selling licenses to NT Framework would probably make Capcom a ton of money (it is just that awesome), but they are just way too protective of its code to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

EDIT:
\/\/\/Revenge + Vengeance = REVENGANCE. That's how I see it, anyway.\/\/\/

Revenge with a Vengeance

Then they SMASH TOGETHER WITH SPARKS AND poo poo and you get Revengeance!

That was the most 80s trailer I have ever seen.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Azure_Horizon posted:

That's... decent art, I dunno what you're getting at.

I think he means what the art is showing, not the physical quality of the art.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

The Demon power can pull enemies towards you using a grab move.

Whatup Nero.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Yes, DMC1 was one of the scrapped Resident Evil 4 plans, but it came far enough that they made it its own game. There's old concept art in Accountingnightmare's DMC4 LP.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post395918053

Schubalts fucked around with this message at Dec 23, 2011 around 15:20

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

I find it really hard to believe that DmC Dante has somehow made "lots of people" suddenly interested in the franchise.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Digital Scumbag posted:

Also a nitpick about DmC: I don't see enough gun-play, and I'd have enough with swinging scythes around. Every video I've seen is that "angel" scythe. Give Dante a loving sword and a sawed-off, please. I don't care what his hair color is.

Or make the scythe turn into an electric guitar and also shoot lightning bats (or lightning cupid-style cherubs).

vvv Wanna count Nevan's pixels

Schubalts fucked around with this message at Jan 16, 2012 around 21:31

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

What? Westerners don't just throw cool things together to make a character design? There has to be a story reason beyond "My dad is a demon lord" for Dante's white hair? What the gently caress?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Yea, just like Resident Evil, Devil May Cry has always had English voices. I don't remember if they've even had voice work in other languages.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

I suppose it boils down to who owns the rights to her. And there's still a chance that more characters will be playable, and that she may be among them. It's unlikely though with Platinum Games upcoming brawler, which she stars in.

Best news to come out of this thread, drat.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Relevant in terms of modern literature.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

What is a samurai devastator? Do they have pictures of these things?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also "A Combo Rank = Anarchic"? GTFO Ninja Theory.

I suddenly lost all interest in even looking at the trailer.

Please let this end up being some New Coke-style advertising plot for DMC5.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Wait, so the game where A=Anarchic and fuckfuckfuckfuck Dante the Demon Killer doesn't have taunts (a DMC staple since the beginning, right?), because it wouldn't fit the character...? I don't what no

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Could you guys go over Ninja Gaiden 3 again? All I remember about it are weapons, and Ryu lamenting killing while killing thousands of dudes.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

drat, that's uh, that's some bad design right there. Did they ever say why they took that many steps backward from Ninja Gaiden 2?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

quote:

I am now, he says, striding forward into the club. Before following him, the camera comes to rest on the clipboard and we see how Dante chose to sign his name: Fk you. Still worried?

Yes, yes I am still worried.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

If you saw DMC4 Dante walking down the street, you would know that that is one cool dude and he would be prepared for a surprise high five.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Well, Lady does make it pretty far up the tower in DMC3 and she's human. I don't remember if you see her pull off the same kind of super crazy that Dante does, though. I never played it and it's been a long time since I saw AccountingNightmare's LP.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

I like the contrast between this guy and the guys involved with Dragon's Dogma's pre-release interviews and streams.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

This guy calling DmC's dissenters children and the general tone about criticism, mostly.

Dragon's Dogma had a lot of streams with actual developers on hand to answer commenters' questions, on the Capcom Unity site. They took everything in stride and didn't start talking down to us or going into damage control whenever something was criticized. They even used one of the DMC guys (the combat designer, I think) being on the team as a selling point.

The important part is that they didn't portray themselves as douchebags who missed the point in interviews.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

"You don't gently caress with a god"

I'm just going to imagine this is used at the DmC/Demons Souls crossover, where the Dragon God smashes New Dante.

And the Real Dante shows up and has a rock battle with the Dragon God or something.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

So basically Capcom's previous DMC teams have already thought up everything we could ever think up, and put it in a game.

I probably would buy a DMC version of *insert popular band game*, though. Maybe get together with Koei to fill it with ridiculous butt rock.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Huh? Is that actually a real thing? The ending of ME3 was completely terrible.

They weren't changed, so much as an actual epilogue was added in free DLC.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Is that Yugi from Yugi-oh, between Sackboy and Sony-Cat? I'm having doubts about that leak.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Never played Enslaved:

Wouldn't it have been better for the 'good guys' to just beat down the villains, since they're strong enough to, and then protect the enclosed systems (again, since they're strong enough to)? There can't be that many people left who just want to kill tons of people for no reason, if the main villains are removed from the picture, can there?

Did the villains even have a reason for doing what they were doing?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Barudak posted:

The villains want to keep humanity alive in the post apocalypse and let their unending supply of robots protect and maintain the human race inside what is effectively the matrix. Given that a somewhat central aspect of the game is learning to protect other people rather than looking out only for yourself you'd think that'd be the ending but no, gotta screw over closed systems because thats what you do.

So, Monkey and Friends were the real villains?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

The port probably won't be as good as DMC4's port. Capcom didn't let Ninja Theory touch the NT Framework, did they?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Reive posted:

Is that PC only like LDK mode

For those that don't know, LDK mode dramatically increases the number of enemies that will spawn in. Dramatically. As in Dynasty Warriors enemy count.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

DMC4 is $20 on Steam right now.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

If LDK mode on DMC4 PC is basically Dyansty Warriors with DMC4 combat, then I am upgrading my PC the first chance I get because that looks amazing.

It is just Dynasty Warriors-esque hordes of enemies everywhere you go, but without the Dynasty Warriors draw enemy distance.

Look at it in motion with AccountingNightmare. Look at it.
http://polsy.org.uk/play/blip/?vurl...ons-1-6-5749598

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Wii U exclusivity is such a kick in the balls. Like a drat horse.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

notZaar posted:

The only reason I even knew about God Hand is because I happened to see it on the shelf at Gamestop. Capcom left that game out to dry, its their fault it didn't sell.

God Hand got some hype in at least game magazines. The ad with the God Hand punching through a guy's mouth and out the back of his head (like it phased through his skull) was pretty memorable.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

e: ^^^ You take that back you son of a bitch

How can you have a 'sweet innocence' about your world view and logic when you can see into a demon world, and routinely spy on it to give information for something called 'The Order'? Especially when the demon world is apparently running everything in the mortal world? And she's a psychic runaway?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

It boils down to East vs West - East is more "visual", but rather old hat.
How they can say that without shame, I don't know, considering that Heavenly Sword (from what little I know) is heavily based on Oriental designs, and that Enslaved is a (very) loose adaption of a pillar of Eastern literature.

You forgot that their company's name is Ninja Theory, too

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

That loving Sned posted:

Edit: Fine, DmC is the Alien: Resurrection of the Devil May Cry series.

That is not cool, man. That is going too far.

That weird, creepy xenomorph half-breed thing looked awesome. Also, xenomorphs loving with a scientist.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Hel posted:

The best thing in the game is that you can customize the controls to your liking, though if you do it in game it only takes effect in the next area.

How does that even happen? It's not like how certain graphics settings require reloads. It's just writing to a text file, if that!

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

It's him getting stabbed in the chest, then pulling open the wound in the bathroom to see his heart beating. It could have been executed better.

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

And I thought Capcom was looking to "westernize" their franchises so they'll attract more customers. So instead of Oda and Mitsuhide, it's Brutus fighting demonic Caesar?

I would be OK with this happening in a good game. Platinum's vision of major historical events or something. Platinum Basara?

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Every place and action has a real purpose now? And they didn't in previous DMCs?

No cheesy industrial metal on infinite loop? This is supposed to be a good thing? Cheesy-awesome music is part of DMC's appeal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 25, 2007

Some of them haven't played any DMC, going by earlier stuff in the thread.

• Locked thread
«2 »