Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

SirDan3k posted:

Call of Duty.

No really, it's Call of Duty's fault. Lots of Japanese publishers have been very open about giving franchises to American developers because of the massive numbers American developers can move. CoD set the bar crazy high and now a lot of publishers seem to think as long as they give it to an American company, regardless of the company's previous success rate, that they can get close to the new bar.

But this has never worked before. I don't understand. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Alteisen posted:

Sometimes it feels like it.

Why else would say, Ubisoft release Rayman Origins, on the same day as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.

Sorry but that just seems to me like the company wants the game to fail.

I doubt CoD players were the demographic Ubi was targeting with Rayman, sooo.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Camel Pimp posted:

You could just... disable taunting at those times. Or simply claim that in your new and improved combat system taunting doesn't have a place. Which is stupid, but at least semi-rational.

Or maybe they could even implement contextual taunts. Nah. That would be too good for this trainwreck.

• Locked thread