Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

A new trailer is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXyNlwXQsU

It looks rather clunky IMO. Its also looks slow compared to both DMC 4 and Bayonetta.

Thoughts?

It certainly doesn't look very smooth. The weapon combos look incredibly disjointed, as if there is a slight pause between lightning fast strikes rather than quick moving, smooth strikes.

In short, this "Dante" guy swings his weapon like a badly animated cartoon character, rather than the star of an fast-paced video game. At least this video confirms that I have nothing to be excited about.

E: I mean every single swing I saw in that trailer; I think it comes from the fact that the weapons' models are nearly invisible during the swing compared to the silly looking "speed lines" or whatever the gently caress curved lines keep appearing in the middle of nowhere, even without contact with an enemy.

satanic splash-back fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Artix74 posted:

Jesus Christ, why didn't they just make this entire game Nero's origin story or some poo poo? It wouldn't fix the combat being slow (though I suppose we'll have to wait until it's actually out to see just how bad it is), but at least all of the bitching about Dante would be gone and the mechanics would actually fit the character.

An allergy to success.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Isnt that the plot to DMC3?

That's the joke.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm pretty sure there will be a DMC 5 and the only difference between it and DmC will be bigger tities and more leather trenchoats

• Locked thread