Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I'm not sure if Bayonetta technically counts as DMC-talk, but I started going through it on Hard, and oh my god that "do three climax attacks" section was a goddamn nightmare. It's not even that it was hard, just loving obnoxious with the camera constantly rotating where I couldn't see anything. Are there any other particularly-obnoxious sections like that I need to look out for, and if so, what are some effective ways to cheese past them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
After hearing about it, I impulse-bought the Vergil DLC while it was on sale, and christ he's way more fun than Dante. I mean it's still pretty easy for the most part, but if they were capable of this, how did they gently caress up the main campaign so bad?

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Either they just decide to go hog wild when it comes to secondary characters, or they have a separate department for this stuff that actually knows how to make good games.

Having finished it, I'm really disappointed he's stuck in such a short, relatively-featureless DLC pack that only serves as a dumb sequel hook. I'm wondering if the higher difficulties use the doppelganger's control upgrades at all, or if it's just a thing they threw in for the sake of doing so.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

beanbrew posted:

I think a lot of goons don't like DmC because you play as the cool brother who has sex and tries to care about people instead of the autistic, goony nerd with no social skills and delusions of grandeur.

In DmC, Dante is an obnoxious regurgitation of misguided marketing and dumb focus-test groups, and Vergil is a prick with no real personality who turns evil because he had a bad dream about Dante and Kat picking on him. I hate both of them, the latter just happens to be slightly more fun to actually play.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Renoistic posted:

I really hated Kat's design, by the way. She looked like an alien with that freaky face.

All of the characters had those Unreal Engine potato faces. That, in addition to how uninspired most of the monster designs are, really squandered a chance at doing something interesting with the grunge style, and the whole Order vs Anarchy theme of the real world and Limbo.

The only time they really do anything neat with it is the whole visual design of the Mundus Spawn fight, and even then the boss itself is basically a giant sack of meat who's also a unborn demon baby because they had to be ~edgy~.

• Locked thread