Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
Did I hear them right? That's the first boss and it's about a third of the way through the game?

That's worrying. I take that to mean there are either very few bosses or it is a very short game.

I don't think any previous game took more than maybe 20 minutes to get you to the first boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

randombattle posted:

Metal Gear Rising is basically Bayonetta 2 at this point. Raiden has execution moves and everything now.

Plus there is Anarchy Rains so the world is not lost for Bayonetta.

Well, Sega seems to have killed Anarchy Reigns, too. At least for America. It's bad enough Platinum's official stance at this point is "import it, we went ahead and put full English support in it for you."

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

notZaar posted:

Hey just FYI they are different in every game. The only thing they keep constant is going from D to S (and SS and SSS in the sequels)

Yeah, they've never been constant, except I think S has always stood for "Stylish!"

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Pesky Splinter posted:

It'd be funny if the DLC turns out to have a better control scheme and better action than the main game. I'm really interested in seeing how it turns out.

It wouldn't be the first time for NT, either. Pigsy's Perfect 10 was far and away a much more interesting and fun game than Enslaved proper.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Pesky Splinter posted:

I didn't play it. By the end of Enslaved, I was so underwhelmed and bored of the thing, and I thought the DLC would be more of the same, so I just didn't bother. Is it worth playing?

It's pretty fun, but not worth buying Enslaved for.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
DmC: Captain Swearword's Bogus Fuckin' Journey

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

ImpAtom posted:

What the gently caress is this?

It just says you get the SSS for completion, not the whole mission. So collecting/finding secrets is permanent and then you can focus on speed and combat, presumably.

I'm going to lose my DMC fan card for this but the demo wasn't half bad on my count. The dialogue and character design are still terrible and cringe-inducing, but once I got into the groove of combat I was having fun with it. My biggest gripe is that even on Son of Sparda, enemies die way too fast. I kept trying to recreate the loading screen combo and everything dies halfway through it. The best part of higher difficulties on the past games was that enemies soaked up enough damage for you to get as SSStylish as possible.

Really, the whole game seems way too easy right now. I never once felt threatened, and conversely I never felt like I was given a chance to unleash my full potential either. If the challenge ramps up, it might be a decently enjoyable game.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
I remain convinced that Capcom actually meant to hire Team Ninja, but got confused and by the time they found out development was already too far along.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
I honestly don't recall so much as a "drat."

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
You know, it's gotten to the point where seeing the word "haircut" makes me want to punch something. It was never about the haircut.

IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE HAIRCUT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
Maybe, but think about this: Lady can do a stinger with her shotgun, and then she can do a reverse stinger with her shotgun.

• Locked thread