Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I thought that things couldn't get anymore accessible than that Auto mode they had in 4. Complex moves are simplified, as well as giving you the extras like EX'd attacks. Handholding, sure, but still letting you get a good deal at the game.

It sounds like they're confusing 'accessible' with 'less difficult'.

Is there any magazine publication that isn't stuck up Ninja Theories' arse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

What was the quote the guy who made DMC said? If you can't give a character attitude, make him smoke?

It goes the same for stupid amounts of swearing, I think. But then again, I'm not too familiar with the works of Shakespeare to pass judgement on DmC.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

Literally, her CUnT, and which she uses to P.

And Much Ado About Nothing, is a pun that can be read as "Much Ado About oval office". 'Nothing' being Elizabethan slang for a woman's lady-parts.

Shakespeare's works are basically the 16th century equivalent of knob gags aimed at the lowest common denominator. And even he knew not to have two characters scream "gently caress" at each other. They're enjoyed because of their timelessness, beautiful language, and how easily they can be interpreted for different times, social classes, genders, races and all that.

It's not so much the swearing that's the issue - it's that they're trying to present it as good witty writing, and using it shorthand as "See? He said gently caress! We're totally mature and edgy now".

I know Shakespeare had a bit of a potty mouth to him, but he used it rather sparingly. As has been said, he used it to season hi writing rather than be the meat with some actual dialogue at the side.

I hadn't noticed the lack of swearing in any other DMC game. It was a nice touch looking back, how they build a badass reputation with very few swears.

That being said I would like to see Ninja Theory take on the court scene in Merchant of Venice.

:jewish:: I have come to claim my pound of flesh
:black101::gently caress YOUUUUUU
:argh:: gently caress YOUU:barf:UUU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

They really love that Street Fighter character paint splash style.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

This loving dialgoue is wful. I know it's been mentioned before, but really, for the GREATEST VIDEO GAME STORY ever told, it's so redundant.

'Hello Dante I am your brother'
'Dante the first boss is after you oh no you are going to fightworld bye'
'The people who can defeat me are trying to defeat me this makes me angry'

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

Re-map the gun to the right trigger, it's infinately more useful.

Even if you can't get the timing down, it's always worth trying to exceed on ordinary combos. Just hit left trigger just as it hits. Often you'll only get 1 bar, but every now and then you'll hit 3 and it just feels good to see Nero flip his poo poo for a second.

Also always drop-kick and air guitar.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

DmC is to punk as DmC is to DMC :v:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

That latest Dante video isn't impressive at all. They're showcasing moves rather than combos or style. Just pulling 1 enemy away and doing random attacks to it. There's no real depth, no substance being shown. Just pulling away and punch or slash, oh hello A Rank.

As has been mentioned, S ranks on DMC4 were a challenge, you had to generally be in the fray, especially as Dante. You had to control a room of enemies to get that style ranking up, with dodging be necessary and taunting being fun. This just seems so... meh.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

I don't get this big deal on 'The environment is trying to kill you'. It just looks like set pieces to me. That's not a massive innovation at all.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

So now they're both out, could I get some opinions on how DmC's fighting style feels vs Revengeance? I know which I prefer the look of, but I've not played either of them and I'd like an opinion from someone with both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

The best direction for them to go.

4 player simultaneous co-op with Dante, Nero, Vergil, and Lady. Final boss should be like... 4 Spardas. At once.

• Locked thread