Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pesky Splinter posted:

There is a DS game, written by Kamiya, which is about as good as you're gonna get for a third part. I haven't played it, so I've no idea if it's any good or not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewtiful_Joe:_Double_Trouble!

I played it, it's a decent Joe game at least, even if the story is lovely. I'd say it's worth it, especially since you can get it for less than $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That and Platinum Games has a tendency not to show off three-quarters of the game before it's released.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Goddamn the new Devil Trigger's broken as hell. Saw a clip from this terrible review where DT Dante takes out about half of that Bill O' Reilly boss' health bar in one basic air combo. (About 6:50 in, if you don't want to spend 8 minutes watching a guy reading from a script written for him by Capcom about how great this game's going to be) Also stick around near the end of the video to watch him get SS just by mashing Y for 30 seconds.

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 5, 2013

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
taunting actually did raise the tension gauge in God Hand

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Peewi posted:

I'm curious about Vergil's meters.

Obviously there's health and devil trigger, but what's the blue one at the top?

Concentration already seems tied to the style meter, so maybe they're including a separate meter for the summon swords so it doesnt use up all your Devil Trigger.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

notZaar posted:

Pressing the analog stick to far to start running breaks Concentration.

Not really but there is an insane LP of Dmc3 Vergil mode where the rules are the player never takes a hit and never runs.

could I have a link to this please

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm pretty sure it was "WELCOOOME Y'ALLLLLL". The darkest secret of DMC: Dante is really into Southern rock.

why do you think he wore cowboy boots in 4

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mulgar posted:

Hey, /v/ Style Tournament is on. There's going to be a lot of DMC gameplay there and you guys should give it a watch.
http://instasync.com/r/vstyletournament

this is great I didn't know they did God Hand style videos too

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

notZaar posted:

Notice how he started sprinting almost immediately during the noncombat time. I hope that was programmed into the regular campaign as well.

It looks like he was using Super Mode (the DT gauge never went down) so it might be exclusive to that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Szurumbur posted:

So I don't have to smash every container, but can destroy what's in the way and make up the difference with the orb from the enemies? Or is is only possibly to get an SSS ranking by meticulously clearing out the stages of benches and the like?

Maybe I'm being dumb, but I don't quite get that, sorry!

it only calculates the percentage of orbs from rooms that you actually enter. So if you go to a stage but don't enter every possible room of that stage, so long as you break all the poo poo and find all the orbs in the rooms you actually do enter then it'll give you 100% orb completion at the end of the stage.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alkarl posted:

I think they doubled it, I remember reading somewhere they wanted to make it less grindy . I may also be insane.

you are but you're also right

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Beef Chief posted:

Vergil's voice came out of my controller, help.

do whatever he says, dont question it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RBX posted:

I'm not good enough to do that yet. Royal guard might as well not be a style, I played around with it in DMC3 but that was 10 years ago

If you want to kill Blitzes just use Lucifer and spam the attack where Dante throws out 5 swords in front of him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Discendo Vox posted:

yosh's complaints have seemed pretty well-founded to me- the scoring system is wack, the weapons are worse balanced than Bayo 1, arguably even with Bayo 1 exploits in the equation, several layers of complexity are removed from high level combat, enemies block frequently and at random, making good ranks feel borderline arbitrary, and a number of enemies are missing tells for when they are going to attack. It's removed some of the worst QTEs and vehicle segments (some of them), but the game as a whole appears much less well-designed for high-level play.

And the writing (which has to be part of the commentary) is atrocious even by spectacle fighter standards, despite the drop in weapons-grade female objectification.

god you're lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Im ok with control being taken away from me in the middle of a fight so long as I get to see something cool like a nanomachine senator flexing or doing sumo poo poo for no reason

• Locked thread