Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Bayonetta 2's official site and dev blog first entry are up. Nothing terribly exciting so far, however the next part promises more info about the original game's port. Hopefully they will also discuss the coop mode soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Aurain posted:

Bayonetta 2 development will be ending sooner rather than later because of its October release. That's freeing up a team and perhaps we'll get some news of a Rising 2 in the new year due to that?

Then it's time to start working on Bayonetta 3 obviously :getin:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The angel attack controls not being inverted is your biggest issue? :o:

The cutscenes I will grant you, I personally love the style but I can see why many people would prefer the standard fully animated ones.

(trivia: that was originally the plan. Halfway through development, they realized doing the 2 hours or so of cutscenes fully animated would put them over schedule and raise the costs unacceptably so they opted for this movie stills style instead. But as it turns out it ended up costing them even more than what the original plan would :v: (they still saved on time though))

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

DiscoMouse posted:

I've got like a hundred hours in that game and I've seen it twice, the second time because I forgot what it was and selected it from the chapter menu, so I don't know how you managed that.

Yeah this, you don't need to play that chapter more than once unless you start a brand new game.

Also that chapter, easy and inconsequantial as it may be, visually rocks rear end and man, that music :circlefap:

It sets the tone for the game perfectly.

Golden Goat posted:

I've never actually failed the button mashing torture attacks, can you actually fail them or does she kill them anyway?

You can't fail them but the more buttonmashing you do, the bigger the damage and score. Torture attacks on the weaker angels kill them outright and mashing is only good for score.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 10, 2014

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Aurain posted:

Rumours of a PS4/Bone version of DmC going around.
The HD port no one asked for, for a game no one asked for.

Really? In what universe is that a good idea? The game sold like poo poo and the fans nearly universally rejected it...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't know who that is but the picure is terrible, that woman looks nothing like Bayonetta and oh man that boob :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
For those that might not follow the Bayonetta 2 thread, the demo is now out in both EU and NA.

• Locked thread