Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
DMC3 has literally the best cutscenes in the history of videogames, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
I like that they've got the convenient strawman of getting to pretend that all of the fan outrage is because of Dante's character redesign, and not because Ninja Theory's games both control terribly and have pathetically terrible combat.

I'm sure this'll be the best game Ninja Theory has ever made, but it's also going to be the second worst Devil May Cry game ever made.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

notZaar posted:

Well, if Vergil is in this game he can't possibly be any more cliche or terrible than he was in DMC3, so that's fine by me.

He was awesome in DMC3 because he was ridiculously fun to fight against and that's literally the only thing that matters.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

jjac posted:

Brand recognition.

I couldn't care less how serious/cliche/corny the plot is or how different Dante 2.0 looks and acts from the original, if the combat feels like a DMC game it's fine by me, and it looks like it's getting pretty close.

It really doesn't, though. The sheer amount of hangtime in the air, half the framerate, and the jankier quality of the animations suggests that it won't be nearly as polished. It only looks like it's 'getting pretty close' because there's a large and varied moveset and because there's a lot of enemy juggling.

• Locked thread