Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I hate to take this thread off track but has a Bayonetta 2 been confirmed? I actually found Bayonetta to be more of a spiritual successor to DMC 3 than DMC 4 did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Woah. I had no idea MG:R even existed. Thanks DmC bitch thread for making my day.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pesky Splinter posted:

And enjoy this completely worthless article, that again makes me wonder why someone would pay someone else to "write" this tripe.

It's just what I've always wanted in a devil May cry game - the ability to cheese through enemy encounters by making them all immobilized! Challenge = video game elitist ableism of the highest order!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Capitalism Bro! posted:

The PS3 one is real bad. Go get the 360 version if you can.

As someone who owns both consoles and only the ps3 bayonetta - what is so bad about the ps3 version?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The only thing that would make this game sweeter is if they included Linkin Park's entire discography as part of the pre order bonus

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm usually pretty good about not throwing money away on stupid poo poo but god drat if that Dante and Nevan figurine wouldn't be a perfect addition to the home recording studio decor

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I liked the part when he surfed on a rocket

Why won't Ninja Theory let Dante surf on a rocket?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

toasterwarrior posted:

Eh, on further browsing I kinda doubt that since RE5 isn't on sale either and that's definitely a series associated with horror and Halloween.

Yes, I know RE5 isn't really a horror game, but you know what I mean. Zombies and poo poo. It's more likely that Capcom dropped the ball when it came to authorizing discounts or they didn't think it was worth it this year. :sigh:

RE6 came out a month ago it'd be a foolish marketing move to focus sales efforts on 5 instead of 6

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pesky Splinter posted:

If DmC: Devil may Cry doesn't turn up a reasonable profit, then it's probably bye-bye NT...and, at the whims of Capcom, bye-bye DMC - unless they're using the New Coke marketing strategy, and announce a DMC5 or something.

At this point, I'm just telling myself it's all an elaborate setup by Capcom that boils down to them telling NT to come play with the big boys just to see how hard they can get smacked back down to the minor leagues

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

That's the first footage I've seen that actually looks like a Devil May Cry game!

e: still think I'd rather buy a used copy and give NT $3/4 than pre order and give them a full $60

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 13, 2012

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

So I've been playing through DMC3 again lately so I can prepare myself for a proper letdown when the demo is available on PSN and I just cannot seem to get the hang of the Nevan weapon. Once I go into tune up mode, if I try to flick the stick left or right and push triangle, Dante just starts moving. Am I missing something? I'd pretty much written the weapon off in the past due to that reason alone, but it's really bothering me that I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 20, 2012

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Spermando posted:

Are you holding R1 while you press triangle?

Yeah, triangle, that's what I meant. And no, I was not. :bang: I always liked to try a weapon out as soon as I got it and with nothing to lock onto in my immediate surroundings, it didn't even cross my mind

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Azure_Horizon posted:

I just don't think Bayonetta is a high water mark for art design that DmC should be thrown up against, when personally it wasn't all that great. DmC will never come close to Bayonetta in gameplay, though.

I'll write up a bigger post when I get some time at work.

But Bayonetta isn't about the being artsy, it's about the mechanics, which is a fundamental difference between Platinum and Ninja Theory. Just look at the game play in Metal Gear Rising and you can see that they're looking to achieve different things. NT has succeeded in creating some really, really cool looking environments, but that's about it. Complain about it not being a true Metal Gear all you want, but it's more of a successor to Devil May Cry than this miscarriage could ever hope to be.

• Locked thread