Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Pesky Splinter posted:

WHAT THE gently caress HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH DMC!? What kind of PR is this? Why do they think people interested in playing a urban fantasy, hack and slash, are going to be interested in this knock-off Anonymous/"We are the 99%" bullshit. What!? What is this garbage? The Not-Fox one was bad enough, christ! What is wrong with the PR people for this game? :psyduck:

Is it really so hard to market an action game?

I own all of the old DMCs and I have absolutely zero faith in the new one but I don't see what's wrong with a little world-building, even if the world-building is trite as all hell. DmC's schtick seems to be that demonic influences are ruining the economy and the world so those advertisements don't seem too out there at the very least.

...I don't know, I'm just trying to find something positive about this. After this and the new SimCity, it feels like every franchise I like is going up in smoke. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Pesky Splinter posted:

^^^
[e]: Yeah, the cutscene of actually triggering is okay. It loses the impact somewhat when all he does is just get white hair and dye his jacket red, instead of transforming into something more demonic. But it'll do. The mechanical use though. Meh.

DmC Introduction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2sfmoXGNPY

"Bad day to get a hangover! Get your filthy loving claw off my trailer!"
The F-bombs begin.

I'm glad this is on Youtube because it explains everything wrong with New Dante in less than twenty seconds

I don't understand how we're supposed to like new Dante. He's not even fun, he's just a straight up, young 20s-something rear end in a top hat that we've all had the displeasure of meeting. Dante is so fake edgy that Ninja Theory wants us to get cuts just from watching that video.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Here is a now working copy of the opening sequence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8Usioo9rI

It looks pretty bad.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Hokuto posted:

I just don't get the colors. Why do they feel obligated to make the colors so hideously oversaturated? DMC is supposed to be about intense violence in the middle of beautiful set pieces, or at least well-rendered ugly ones. I couldn't even look at the screen too long while watching the demo, it hurts the eyes so much.

This seems to be Ninja Theory's modus operandi. The oversaturation worked well in Enslaved but this game's color palette is both washed out and bloom-y as all hell. It bothers me that there was an art director and a board that looked at it and said, "Yes, this looks good."

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

It just hit me. I know what to call this game now:

Frank Miller's Devil May Cry.

• Locked thread