Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I've got say Ninja Theory make some fantastic looking games. So it'll at least look good.

I'm already forseeing the whole, 'grapple jumping' thing becoming a colossal pain in the rear end though. There is ALWAYS one section in every game that uses that mechanic where either hit detection, aiming or a horrible camera come together to drive you insane.

The last boss of DMC4 drove me up the wall because it kept grabbing the wrong poo poo. :argh:

Although considering the latest Metal Gear trailer, 2012 might be the year of, 'This looks weird for this franchise, but it works.' Hell, maybe we'll see alternate reality spinoffs of Resident Evil where you play as the jerkoffs from Umbrella in a third person shooter.

Waitafreakinminute..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Well it was fun getting my favorite serie completely ruined with NG3, now DmC's seems to be going on the same path!

Before Operation Raccoon City ( Hey, it's Resident Evil, Capcom wouldn't let poo poo be released using one of their main franchises right? :siren:WRONG:siren: ) I was pretty willing to give DmC a go. Ninja Theory do make some nice looking games after all, even if the execution is a bit lacking. Heavenly sword still looks pretty good for a launch title.

Definitely be waiting for the reviews now, and I'll be keeping a wary eye on RE 6 as well in case Capcom's standards go from slipping, into a full nose-dive at the ground. :(

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pesky Splinter posted:

Interview with Reuben Langdon (mo-cap and VA for Classic Dante):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snyGIxMgobY

He discusses his work with Capcom and his own production company, and his views on DmC, and some of his DMC stuff.

"Rest your minds' guys, it's awesome!" - he likes it.

No new information really, but interesting anyway.

It's going to get meta. He's going to be the VO for Vergil. :tinfoil:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Crowetron posted:

"This party's gettin' mopey" :smith:

Well they've got at least 261 people who will buy the game if the AWESOME comments are anything to go by. :lol:

I've always used Stinger with it's default command. Didn't even realize there was a alternate input until now. :psyduck: Anyway. From the sounds of that article Lost Planet is next on the chopping block.

Resident Evil ORC was horrible, DmC is still looking horrible, I think I see a pattern emerging...

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Zedd posted:

That is a goddamn masterstroke by them, a very not-kiddie game with a very loyal fanbase exclusive on your platform.

Nice, I wonder what multi-platform publishers turned down what would've likely made them a nice chunk of change. :downs:

To be honest the WiiU controller doesn't really strike me as ideal for a game that can get as frantic as Bayonetta. Then again they are tempting the poo poo out of me with zombieU as well. :argh:

VV drat, shows how much I'm keeping up with it. Curse you nintendo. :argh:

limited fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 13, 2012

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pesky Splinter posted:

Realistically, transplating Vergil, and maybe incorporating some of the new modes they're putting in the DmC remaster? And If we're lucky, a few costumes, perhaps?
This. Vergil was basically a extra costume with a new fighting style in 3 SE. Sure it'll be a fun addition, but I wouldn't get too excited about a full-on story overhaul in 4. If I remember rightly, they basically swapped him out with Dante's model during ingame cutscenes where badguys attack, and kept in the actual cutscenes when it made sense kindof. I think the only original cutscene that was Vergil exclusive was at the very beginning? It's been a while.

And let's be honest, if they're re-doing Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil, I can't be the only one counting down till RE4 gets HD remastered. Again. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
It's me, I'm enabling lovely DLC practices because I want to play Super characters. :(

The blue orbs though, does the mean there aren't any blue orbs to collect in game, so you can't extend your health without having to actually pay real money for it? :stare: I'm still downloading the game on my glacial connection currently. :negative:

• Locked thread