Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

User0015 posted:

Bayonetta doesn't use state resets as much as DMC, but it focuses on it's own method of manipulating states; preventing state resets by letting players continue combos by holding the button down during dodge.

Could you please explain this a bit further? I only played Bayonetta a bit when the demo came out so I didn't delve too deeply into the game mechanics. The bolded part sounds really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Van Ishikawa posted:

Been a while since I played Bayonetta so take my words with a grain of salt. Pretty much every attack in Bayonetta could be held down to charge it up/shoot weapons to continue the combo. If you held a button down while performing a dodge in mid combo, then released it after the dodge finished, you would pick up right where you left off in the combo. Since the final hits of most of the combos are extremely strong with Wicked Weave attacks, it let you keep up flashier and more damaging combos without sacrificing freedom of movement.

So while still holding the attack button, the dodge button is pressed (like pressing Square then rolling your thumb to X) - once the dodge finishes or the button is released, the combo continues? That rocks. It's like Arkham City's Beatdown move with counters, but with every move.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leave it to the Devil May Cry thread to get me excited for Darksiders.

• Locked thread