Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ugh that is going to look freaking amazing on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am very happy and excited about this news.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Amethyst posted:

I absolutely disagree with this. The spirit of the hobbit is a rollicking, lighthearted adventure which simply will not translate to a 2 or 3 film epic. It's more than just page length - it's tone.

I never really considered The Hobbit to be lighthearted. I thought it was quite dark in a lot of places. Thorin being corrupted by the Arkenstone/treasure and then dying in the battle along with Fili and Kili. The whole Mirkwood act, the goblin caves, and so on.

I didn't read it as a child, but I'm sure if I had it would've given me nightmares. Especially the bit where Gollum is chasing after Bilbo over the lake with intent to kill.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Those goblins are disgusting and legitimately unnerving.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ComposerGuy posted:

While this is true, Sam is arguably the real hero at the end of the day.

Not arguably, he pretty much carried Frodo for the entire journey. Literally near the end as well.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That Galadriel scene looked so freaking cheap when it came out, let alone today.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Got my ticket booked for the 13th :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just saw it tonight. That love story is loving garbage.

• Locked thread