Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I made a cool Glorfindel wallpaper for your computer desktops, I hope you Glorfindel fans will love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I'd love to see the exploits of Bilbo's adventurous ancestry and the invention of golf, if only in a short flashback to explain his family background.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
A pubescent Aragorn portrayed by Viggo Mortensen will appear, and he will deliver all of his lines in the same pitch and tone as "it has no other master!"

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Trump posted:

They straight up picked a different and weaker take of the Black Gate speech.

Yes, that take that ended up in the film sounded like butt. I remember watching the trailer about 100 times and then seeing the movie at that part. :wtf:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Why does that need to exist?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

They'd have to do some serious cutting-edge makeup work to make Viggo look young though.

I don't care, they need to do it anyway.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

The Unnamed One posted:

Sorceror's Apprentice burned me out of Nic Cage as a magical being.

You make it Nick Nolte, though, and I'm game. (Rip Torn is an acceptable alternative)

Rip Torn as the young Aragorn.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
gently caress that thing.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Its been a while since I've read the Lord of the Rings, but could they possibly be wielding their Elven rings openly during the DG battle?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
"knows how to throw a party"

I hope its like the Matrix Reloaded rave scene.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
The Goblin King is a ballchinian.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I didn't have any problems with 48fps, but the colors in the whole movie looked too blown the gently caress out. And, I know they can keep their special effects in house at WETA, but goddamn, I think it could have done with about 30% less wacky time CG and a little more realism.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
The movie was really weak in a few points, but the one that sticks with me the most is Azog. While Lurtz in Fellowship was definitely more "created for the film", that was a real guy, in a real forest, shooting real arrows in to Boromir's chest. We don't know who Thorin's line is and we don't care about them. Compare that to seeing a character we come to know over the course of the film get slowly killed: a character that has flaws, has appeal, has emotions, and the opportunity to redeem himself. And at the outset, all of our characters in the movie are changed.

With Azog, he was literally a video game villain who was part of a DLC addon.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Also having him completely rendered and not real made him pretty non-believable.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Why have any actors at all?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I know that at the end of the third film Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage are going to sell the poo poo out of Thorin's death.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
That would have been an even more massive deviation from the source material.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Again, this is what happens when everyone is too afraid to tell the director "no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

therealjon_ posted:

What's up with Thorin in the trailer saying "I will have whhhharrhhhrhhrhrrh."

Poor script writing and/or directing.

• Locked thread