Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Oasx posted:

There is a new Hobbit production video, not sure if there is a non-facebook version yet though : http://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ

I'm always amazed that I can enjoy these production videos more than most actual tv shows or movies. They're just so incredibly well done and have so much heart and care put into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

Now maybe they can name one The Hobbit: Ever On And On.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

:bravo:

That's perfect. I expect to see that on every corner of the internet by the end of the day.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

Data Graham posted:

Third Hobbit movie will actually be a musical. Seven Entwives For Seven Ents.

Bless your beautiful... bark?

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

Between this and all the downloads of iOS6 later today, we may be about to experience the death of the internet.

:f5:

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

I love the endings of "Sting" and "Gollum", but they're all great.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

Yeah, I'm thinking that might not have been the best casting (or maybe just character design) decision. My wife honestly thought Orlando Bloom was playing two characters in the movie for some reason, since Luke Evans as Bard looks so much like Orlando Bloom as Will Turner from Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

I just finished watching all of the Appendices content from The Hobbit: Extended Edition last night. Several times during the documentaries - and most notably in the last segment about the music itself - there was music playing in the background that wasn't directly from any of The Hobbit or LOTR soundtracks releases I've heard. It was acoustic, folksy renditions of songs like "The Road Goes Ever On", "Misty Mountains Cold", and other source music/songs from throughout all the movies.

Does anybody here know who the artist was who did these arrangements, or if they're part of an official album release somewhere? We looked in the end credits, but didn't see anything about these recordings specifically. They really were great, so I'd love to get them if they're available.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

I hate to interrupt the fascinating analysis of movie molten metal, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrn8sq2B6Uc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

who are mistaken.

The battle at Dol Goldur and what happens with Gandalf, Radagast (I'm really hoping he's involved), Elrond, Galadriel, and Saruman is what I'm most interested in seeing. I'm hoping they've set up a really incredible badass Saruman moment as a nice sendoff for Christopher Lee. His delivery of "Leave Sauron to me" in the trailer was so great.

• Locked thread