Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I HATE CARS posted:

Man, I supposed I shouldn't surprised about racism after that mustang thread from a few years back, but that latest SIARPC sure seems to have brought you all out again.

Are you for real y/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I laughed so, so hard at the Fenton! Fenton! Jesus Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiKsnZFBm8Y

opengl fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 20, 2012

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sprat Sandwich posted:

The shot of the FFs exhaust when it takes off...

Incredible.

Great episode.

Yeah we need some serious GIFs from this episode

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Killbot posted:

That shot with the Boss drifting around that huge bend on TGUS was glorious. Tanner can be a douche but the dude can certainly drive.

Unf yes. GIF anybody?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

Hard to compress this one down enough, but

e: Aaaand part two

No way I can fit the really long one in under 2 megs :(

Link it?

:)

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

Yeaaaa, at 1:30 this is the best shot. Not enough UNPH for that.

Yessssss that was exactly it. Loved it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Delivery McGee posted:

I haven't seen the Top Gear episode in question, but I've never really liked him as the Doctor. I think it's the hair.

If it helps, Clarkson spent half the interview making fun of his hair.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

I swear I saw some of the shots with the Brutus before, did Clarkson have it on one of his DVDs?

It was in the preview for the season, maybe that's what you're remembering.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Another extremely entertaining episode of TGUS. Anyone not watching is missing out. There wasn't even a SIARPC, just 42 minutes of hilarity.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

The episode where the boys have to buy a super luxury car for the same price (or less) as the Nissan Pixo is on BBCA. Any idea if they'll tell us how they did in the long run?

Was just watching that. IIRC, a couple episodes later they brought it up again, they both had lolmassive repairs.

Still want the 850.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CornHolio posted:

The fact that the throttle sticks and it plows through three cars and comes out with hardly any damage is hilarious.

It did take some decent damage. You could see it back at the studio. They filmed the final sequence before it took the hit.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The last couple years of summer Top Gear have started in June.

So hopefully June.

http://www.finalgear.com/news/2012/05/08/top-gear-wont-return-until-2013/

:(

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Also, really looking forward to the next season of TGUSA. Did Rutledge say if they were going to change the format at all? Their run-time is tragically short for all the content they try to include.

They really need to drop SIARPC. The episodes they've had without it have been much better.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The cop car stuff was kind of meh, though I did laugh at the donut eating. The Z06 vs the Speed Triple was awesome.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I was really expecting a diesel when I saw Tanner show up in the 528i. Looked it up and it appears you can only get them in SUVs now. Stupid.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

My favorite part was the look on Rut's face when Adam was bouncing the Mustang up that really tough rocky hill. The one where the whole front end went up and down like a lowrider.

I would have loved to see a better conclusion showing what condition the two cars left were in. What was left of the suspensions, etc.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Data Graham posted:

God, yeah. I want a freeze-frame of him standing there with his mouth gaping open. He looked like a drat cartoon character.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

I'd like to see a special that's just James working on old cars. Maybe a special episode of Wheeler Dealer where James tells crackin' boy to piss off and him and Ed just work on cars.

:allears:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Also I see why the US airing is delayed, since it has minor Skyfall spoilers.

That ticked me off, I've managed to not see any trailers or anything for it yet. Luckily I fast forwarded through it quick enough to not see anything.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

neckbeard posted:

Saw the new 'Worst Car in the History of the World' video today. Pretty good, a lot less fluff than their usual direct-to-dvd specials. Needed more Pontiak Aztek though, but I'm happy with their selection of worst car all things considered Lexus SC 430

Yup it was a fun watch for sure. First time they had the FT-86 also, wonder if they'll have it on the regular show. Not too surprised Clarkson loved it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

My sister had a 97 SC400 for a few years, and it wasn't terrible. I think it was helped that it wasn't a convertible, so you could actually fit 4 people in the car. She bought it used though, so it probably wasn't as bad as buying it new. It was a fun car to drive. Though to be fair, my options at the time were that, a Lexus ES300, and a Crown Victoria. I would nominate Crown Victoria for one of the best cars of all time.

Completely different car than the SC430

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I cannot wait to see the FT86. Looks like they were racing two of them in the preview.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CornHolio posted:

The luchadores had me in stitches. I swear, Top Gear US has really come into its own. Its great.

"Watch this launch" was hilarious. Also, I was waiting for that DSM to break which somehow never happened.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

noskill posted:

They sure did -- 01:30.0

Looks like that was the previous gen model though. And in the wet.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

TGUS might have time to review cars if they didn't spend 30 seconds before and after each commercial break telling us what just happened and what we are going to see next.

God that drives me crazy. So unnecessary.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'll be the odd man out and say the rugby thing went on a bit too long.

I've always been curious when they do the car sports thing and beat the poo poo out of a bunch of brand new cars; who pays for them? Does the BBC buy them all then fix them? Rent them and fix them afterwards? Sell for parts? Aside from the body damage I'm sure the drivetrains take a beating too.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah the Veyron bit was pointless, but the rest was gold. I loved Rut's reveal of his car "...so I added a 100 wet shot of nitrous". A little upset it didn't grenade his engine though.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Also, Tanner moping from being the only one with FWD was pretty hilarious.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, there's no way they bought those cars for 1500. That's about 2200 USD and I can find early 90s 850s for about that. The 850r was started in 96, so I can't see them getting one under the limit. Those cars have to have major problems or they cheated.

Aren't used cars considerably cheaper in the UK though?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CornHolio posted:

I was genuinely biting my nails when they were crossing the river on their homemade raft.

God same here haha. And I actually had to pause it when the parking log shattered Clarkson's rear window I was laughing so hard.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

I honestly thought Clarkson was going to pee into it at the end.

Haha! Glad I'm not the only one.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Hmm, I'm also now realizing that Hammond never set fire to his car

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I'm still really enjoying TGUS for the most part. But yeah, even with a DVR, they spend so much god damned time explaining what's going to happen after the commercial, then after it, explaining what happened before it.

Loved Rut's obvious Subie.

I also had no idea Tanner's 300ZX changed to a TT and back.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Vindolanda posted:

Watching Wheeler Dealers teaches you minor repairs, and the fact that Mike is the least honest man in used cars.

But I'd watch Edd fix cars all day long

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MrChips posted:

You've got to be pretty dead inside to look at a limousine making lurid, semi-controlled drifts and think it's all so very terrible :qq:. Yeah that might not have been the best segment of Top Gear ever, but the limo had me howling with laughter.

I seriously need some GIFs of that limo powersliding around. It was spectacular.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Top Gear US Returns Sept 3

Didn't see anything posted, but TGUSA will be back in a month.

I'm excited, TGUS has been really entertaining for a while, and those who don't give it a chance are missing out.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

This was posted then deleted from Clarkson's twitter.

Can't wait for the new season

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

http://www.inautonews.com/top-gear-and-clarkson-facing-lawsuit-for-racist-remark#.UzoJatxvZh5

:v:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not sure why, but the Polar Special is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Requesting a GIF of clarksons shifty eyes after May's run up the hill climb. That killed me.