Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

America owns England yet again in July 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Next week's episode sounds cool. Lots of old guys from the Caribbean like to talk about all the rallying they used to do whenever I'm at autocross and it always sounds ridiculously dangerous in the best way.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

spog posted:

He looks to me like a fan who won a the chance to appear in the studio in a raffle.

He kind of is. He sent in a demo tape and they brought him in. Before the show he was a YouTube car person.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Not sure if it really belongs in this thread but the latest season of /Drive from NBC Sports was released digitally and I actually liked it more than some of the Grand Tour segments. It doesn't come across quite as scripted but the short episode time doesn't help it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Rory had the best parts of the episode although I would have liked if they mentioned cool kei cars like the s660 as a way of showing how even with the limitations there are still fun cars. At least that's the direction I thought it was going to go.

I do appreciate that at least they mentioned Best Motoring when they were at the cycle track.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

This week's episode was pretty good, I only had to skip the star in a car spot like I do every time.

Agreed. Supercars make for bad TV I think. I wish they did more side by side racing on their track, Best Motoring style.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MTOD is going to be rebroadcasting Eurosport WEC coverage this upcoming season as well as putting it on Velocity. But even then the lack of good Chromecast support makes it not really worth it for me. It's also unclear whether they'll be showing the whole races or just whatever parts Eurosport shows.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Humphreys posted:

Maybe if they went to DriveTribe it will help (no idea on apps to watch)

Isn't DriveTribe basically dead? They shed a bunch of their reporters/personalities which is why Jethro is at MotorTrend now.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Rory was good why fire rory.

It's even worse, he's been kept on but only for Extra Gear.

The new season of /DRIVE on NBC Sports which also has Chris Harris premiered last week but nobody has NBC Sports so nobody will watch it until it's available on YouTube to rent maybe.
NBC Sports also premiered some new car show called Proving Grounds which actually sounds interesting since two of the hosts are actual race drivers but again nobody will watch it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

Yesss that was some good old fashioned Top Gear challenge dicking about.

Yeah that last top gear was a very fun episode.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Top Gear should import Tanner Foust. Best Motoring (the best car show) has taught me that the more race car drivers you have just driving stuff the more fun it will be.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Top Gear UK is going to be on the Motortrend app and they're making Top Gear America again.
https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/top-gear-motortrend-bbc-studios-1203185477/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Well new Top Gear started again and honestly, it's not terrible!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Trying to understand Paddy is the funniest part of the show for me. You can tell Harris is struggling not to laugh whenever he's talking. I think this season and group is great.

It's an incredible accent to hear.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you're into podcasts, Chrs Harris' show is a fun listen. Mostly him and other motoring journalists talking about old times and hot car takes so its fun.
https://collectingcars.com/podcasts/

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think everyone means the one group with Tanner Faust?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

We're overlooking Jethro who is like another Chris Harris except maybe not as excitable but he's a great driver and also comes from the auto magazine circuit.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

The Top Gear Nepal Special (and in fact, the entire season) was better than any episode of the last 3 years of Grand Tour. And I was on camera multiple times in the first ever episode of that during the opening scene...

Paddy, Andrew & Chris all seem to get on very well and their camaraderie and willingness to help each other instead of high-lariously crash into James' car for the 7038th time is a refreshing change.

The Nepal special was definitely great. Seemed like a genuine adventure without too much staged stuff.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Latest season of Top Gear started and they did an insane thing with a Rover Metro, it was otherwise an ok episode.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

opengl128 posted:

So-so episode. The Dart was kind of badass. I legit cracked up and had to pause it when the back fell off the Trans Am. Looked like the rear end was held in with rebar somehow, lol.

The absolute highlight of the episode.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Did anyone else notice the horrible rattles in the 220 on the top speed run though? Jesus. Like, of course a 30yo Jag rattles, but that seemed bad enough that no way am I keeping it buried for 200mph :magical:

It really did sound like that thing was ready to pop as the speeds were going up. The turbo sounds though :discourse:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MotorTrend just released the new Top Gear America. I haven't watched it. :shrug:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

BBC Top Gear comes back on Sunday. :shrug:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Awful news to wake up to. :(

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah the Bond episode was good fun.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I want a GR Yaris :cry:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I enjoyed that first episode!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Agreed, the trucker segment was just good fun and hopefully people will respect trucking a little more now.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I like the current crews thing about calling every car The <model name> like The Rivian and The Civic.

Last episode was kind of by the numbers but a good time.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

Haha, Paddy dragging that Porsche in the Defender was worth the price of admission alone, but the classic Trials racing was excellent fun.

The Trials segment was fantastic. Just all joy from everyone involved and good fun.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hope he gets well soon. Any three wheel car is not worth the risk, even those dumb Polaris ones that tourists love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Chris Harris has been all in on Collecting Cars for a while so he must have known that TG wasn't going to be coming back. :rip: