Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Does anyone know when Top Gear is back officially beyond January, or have they not announced that yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
SIARPC was awful but overall a solid back to basics episode. Here's to a good season!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Is it just me, or did it sound like the Bentley was on winter tires up against the Ferrari on something else (summer!?)?

Loved the challenge in the end. :)

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Any idea how long this series is? I'm getting worried. :ohdear:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Good god the front row was hot today. It's like they're not even trying to hide it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
How the hell did they get that shot of the M5 drifting, then pausing in time, moving the camera, and unpausing?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Jusupov posted:

Several cameras, mirrors, have you seen how they did it in matrix?

Ah, haven't seen how they did it in the matrix. I'll take a look, thanks.

Just saw the Ferrari California part. I can't even imagine how the logistics of that worked with insurance, shooting, and driving it through town. I remember they had another Ferrari (GTO?) a few seasons back and they didn't let them drive it on the track.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Hey guys how's everyone been going? :)

Just posting to say that I just watched my first episode of American Top Gear, the episode where they take trucks across Alaska and I'm kicking myself for not watching this show sooner.

There's no new news about British Top Gear returning beyond summer/fall right?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Silly question, but are there any websites that sell Top Gear related licence plate frames? I've been having a tough time finding any.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Are the Top Gear episodes on netflix the full uncut 1 hour versions with the original music?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Hey how's everyone's day going?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Is the next episode the last one in the series? :ohdear:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
The car for old people segment was fantastic.

Was this the last episode of the series?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Measly Twerp posted:

The last episode of Top Gear US was pretty great, at the end they raced the McLaren MP4 against a NASCAR car, which was loving amazing to watch.

That was one of the best ideas they've had in any Top Gear, be it US or UK.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

eunos posted:

Which is very true, which is why you don't have that segment at all. It's not like this was foisted upon them by god. The producers planned this segment and thought it was a good idea. And from there it was a logical extension to get Tanner behind the wheel for the reasons you state. The problem is that they do stuff like this over and over and over, and I'm tired of Tanner being the one to review all of the cars.

I just want to be entertained by my car show, dammit, I don't care how they do it.

Disagree about ditching the segment. Top Gear USAs host dynamic may not be great and up for debate, but that segment was one of the most interesting things I've seen on any version of Top Gear.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

kznlol posted:

I was surprised they didn't make any more of this:

I think the :fap: joke was enough.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
God the cinematography in this special was just gorgeous. Whenever Top Gear ends that crew is going to be able to write their own tickets.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So they'll probably put the new 911 around the track next week right?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I'm hoping they finally review the new 911 this season.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just watched this episode expecting half of it to bash Americans and came away pretty confused over how butthurt some here seemed to be.

I really hope they put some cars around the track. I'm curious how fast the Alfa ran and I'm still hoping they put the 991 around the track some time.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Those 918 exhausts are glorious and I hope they make it in to something remotely affordable some day.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Giving me heart palpitations here. :argh:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So by summer Top Gear UK really means we'll see the special a week into fall right?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Residency Evil posted:

So by summer Top Gear UK really means we'll see the special a week into fall right?

I mean I guess September will still count as summer for a bit. :v:

edit: I should stop being ungrateful for Top Gear because I will be super sad when it ends some day.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 16, 2014

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Has anyone heard any rumors for why the new series hasn't started yet?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Clarkson just posted on this facebook page that TG will be back early next year, FWIW.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Cojawfee posted:

Clarkson doesn't have a facebook page.

Well then whatever this is

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What an awesome Top Gear USA episode. Huracan, 911, and a Golf on the Nurburgring? Yes please.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
There's no update on when they'll be back this fall right?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I was under the impression that we would just continue pretending that everyone posting in this thread lives in the UK?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

hopterque posted:

Oh man the loving bridge joke was amazing.

Can someone paraphrase it? I must have missed it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Yikes to be on that film crew.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

neckbeard posted:

(picture) preview of the new episodes:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/series-22-top-gear-preview-2015-1-2

looks like there's a couple 'buy a cheap vehicle and have a series of challenges' a tribute to Peugeot, and Hammond goes to Canada in a F-150 SVT Raptor - gently caress yes.

Is there any news on when it'll be starting?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So how is everyone's Sunday going?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Does anyone know the name of the song they were playing at the end of the first race sequence?

edit: figured out I could Shazam it. It's from Captain America: Winter Soldier and called Taking a Stand.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Petekill posted:

Loved the Goldeneye soundtrack for St. Petersburg. They got in a couple songs from the Inception soundtrack as well.

Did they say Hammond's bike weighed 860 grams? That seems really light, even for a $15,000 bike.

That's for the frame only. The whole bike weighs closer to 15-16 lbs. still insanely light.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What a great episode. The Ricciardo interview was fantastic, especially how he beat Hamilton.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Hearing Clarkson say the words to Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It was amazing.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

pik_d posted:

This reminds me, they never did that P1 vs 918 thing, did they?

I have a feeling they'll never test the three head to head on the track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

pik_d posted:

Top Gear magazine was allowed to, which is different obviously, but still it has happened

In that article they alluded to the fact that they were forbidden to take all three on a track.