Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«445 »
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait really? They looked a lot like summons, but like contextual summons. Like the Train in the Titan fight.
I mean I'm going off of something I read from the KH Wiki.

quote:

In an interview in the June 25, 2015 issue of Dengeki Playstation, Nomura explained that Sora will be able to trigger Attraction Flow attacks under certain conditions in battle. He attributed the inspiration for Attraction Flow to Flowmotion from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, but described the former as a more tactical system.

Which honestly just confused me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The combat looks interesting, but I'm not a fan of all the big flashy cutscene and screenclear attacks going on, I just want to know if hitting things with your dumb keystick feels fun or not. If I can ignore all the flashy cutscene moves and just have a good and effective time hitting things, I think I'll like the combat system, but all these weapon forms and modes and stuff aren't giving me that impression at all.

Bizkit047 was invited to the event and talked to the devs, and he was told the team has been watching his feedback, and he'll be posting a video on it soon-ish.

https://twitter.com/Bizkit047/status/997901386816745472

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://behonkiss.tumblr.com/post/17...htyear-roasting

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man it's going to be hilarious when Sora is proven right.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Motto posted:

I'm pretty sure all those are opt-in by button prompt rather than being forced like BBS finishers and styles.

To me thatís the best part of the current system of portraying finishers and the attraction flow. It doesnít interrupt the flow of the gameplay if you wish to ignore them but the game clearly tells you the option is available, which should encourage people to use them more. There were so many people who played KH2 without ever using summons or limits because they were tucked away in a menu while auto-abilities disrupted being able to use RCs consistently

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/jackrobken/stat...461935611199488

Lol at the Seasalt poster.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Watched some (illicit?) Toy Story world cutscene footage and I'm pretty happy with Haley Joel Osment's performance.

Puberty Voice Sora in KH2 was a bad time.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

Nina posted:

To me thatís the best part of the current system of portraying finishers and the attraction flow. It doesnít interrupt the flow of the gameplay if you wish to ignore them but the game clearly tells you the option is available, which should encourage people to use them more. There were so many people who played KH2 without ever using summons or limits because they were tucked away in a menu while auto-abilities disrupted being able to use RCs consistently

You could just turn off Auto-Abilities too

You could also set limits and summons to Auto-Abilities as well, if you didn't want to go into a menu to use them

Really the only comparison is what they said about BBS finishers/styles which you couldn't really avoid, but that was already kinda fixed with what DDD had with Riku's styles/Sora's fusion attacks, so they've already been better about not forcing things on the players.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

I mean, the new system is basically the same as having auto-abilities on but it doesnít impede the core gameplay because reaction commands arenít a thing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://twitter.com/khinsider/status/997591588577538048

Games > Kingdom Hearts Megathread: Donald: -squawks in confusion-

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Is this game ever getting a release date

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

Is this game ever getting a release date

Yeah, early next month/E3 according to Nomura

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (I don't have time to check 700+ posts ) but it seems like you can dodge cancel out of attacks now!

https://i.imgur.com/CsJc9yt.mp4

Game changer.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

I thought that robot was breakdancing the first time I saw the gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Kjh887-1c
KINGDOM HEARTS TIMELINE - Episode 10: Unchained 0 [ZERO]

The more I worked on these 10 episodes the more I realized how confusing the whole story has been delivered to us. During the conversation between the 5 leaders about creating the Spirits, there's a moment (at 14:36) where Skuld thinks of a dialogue between her, Ephemer and Chirithy on the Daybreak Town cliff, about the player having nightmares. Judging by the way that dialogue is presented, the game made it look as if it was something that Skuld was remembering, a dialogue happened in the past.
Actually, that is a foreshadowing of a dialogue happening in the future, way after the creation of the Spirits. Working on this episode and figuring out which scene occurs when has been an actual pain.

«445 »