Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I still want Chrono Cross to show up in this series, cause I'm probably one of the few legitimate fans that game has in these parts

not to mention it's the one Square Enix game to approach Kingdom Hearts levels of confusing and convoluted weirdness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
And like Kingdom Hearts, in Chrono Cross the male protagonist turned furry for a bit.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I still want Chrono Cross to show up in this series, cause I'm probably one of the few legitimate fans that game has in these parts

not to mention it's the one Square Enix game to approach Kingdom Hearts levels of confusing and convoluted weirdness

DrakeNier is now Square Enix.

Which I think... dethrones Kingdom Hearts for confusing and convoluted weirdness? DrakeNier already had both hypertime-esque time travel and dimension hopping from the get-go and multiple branches of stories based on different endings the games could take.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Which I think... dethrones Kingdom Hearts for confusing and convoluted weirdness? DrakeNier already had both hypertime-esque time travel and dimension hopping from the get-go and multiple branches of stories based on different endings the games could take.

DrakeNier was always Square-Enix. Drakengard was actually the very first Square-Enix game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I mean DrakeNier is also taking the piss half the time (while the other half is genuinely compelling storytelling) so I don't know if that really counts?
But the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy was pretty high up there in terms of convoluted nonsense

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drakengard isn't nearly as convoluted as kingdom hearts tbh. you don't need a flowchart to figure out how many people are really caim

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, only the ending paths of the first game are different and mutually exclusive. 3 gets into some weird timeline fuckery, but I think that's mostly just because there is no real logic to it, instead of them trying to patch up all the holes like KH.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Square Enix published the Arkham City games in Japan

Yeah, but if you discount weird edge cases like that and just limit it to things that Square-Enix owns outright, that's still an insane number of properties.

I just wish they'd draw from other sources than just Final Fantasy. They did The World Ends With You once, so they can do more if they want.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'd like to see Gilgamesh pop up in Kingdom Hearts at some point.

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened already. Have him get in a fight with Pete or something.

EDIT: Also bring in that haunted DS game that kills people. Maybe someone plugs it into Space Paranoids idk.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 30, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Manatee Cannon posted:

drakengard isn't nearly as convoluted as kingdom hearts tbh. you don't need a flowchart to figure out how many people are really caim

It's just a different convoluted beast when games aren't canon for the big story but you need to read japan-only novelizations, novellas, cd dramas and plays.

Then again, placing any importance on canonicity is for fools

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you don't need to do any of that tho

don't get me wrong, it provides a little extra context and all, but it's not at all necessary for anything

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It depends on how necessary you see knowing characters' motivations which is pretty important to me personally. But it's an argument I've had too many times

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I'd like to see Gilgamesh pop up in Kingdom Hearts at some point.

Please, no. He's the worst.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kheldarn posted:

Uhh, mods??

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Kheldarn posted:

:catstare:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So I just spent most of my Thanksgiving weekend streaming the Kingdom Hearts games I don't own/haven't played, and then watched Back Cover. (pssst, what the hell's a Lux?)

I feel like I'm sufficiently broken now to enjoy KH3 whenever it comes out.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Not yet. Do your best and find out all about the novels and the orchestra.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
n-no...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Lux is just latin for light (it's the mobile game EXP).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is the correct answer. You really don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Half the fun's gonna be seeing what post-KH2 content is explained and how they even do that.

Can't wait! But whoo boy.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Kheldarn posted:

This is the correct answer. You really don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

I mean, you can just ask Kingdom Hearts fans for explanations. Probably off, but far more understandable.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's gonna turn out that Goofy actually did die from that giant rock in KH2, and there is going to be a future game describing Goofy's adventures in the actual heart of worlds Kingdom Hearts where his heart went when he died establishing new OC anime villains, and it's gonna cut back to him waking up on the ground going "Gawrsh, that was some crazy dream, hyuk. I wonder if Sora ever heard about a feller named Ezio..."

Announcing Kingdom Hearts Unlimited Plus+ Another Side: Another Goof: KH3.14. And the whole game will just be about explaining what Goofy did in between the time he got knocked out by a boulder and before the 1000 Heartless fight.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gologle posted:

It's gonna turn out that Goofy actually did die from that giant rock in KH2, and there is going to be a future game describing Goofy's adventures in the actual heart of worlds Kingdom Hearts where his heart went when he died establishing new OC anime villains, and it's gonna cut back to him waking up on the ground going "Gawrsh, that was some crazy dream, hyuk. I wonder if Sora ever heard about a feller named Ezio..."

Announcing Kingdom Hearts Unlimited Plus+ Another Side: Another Goof: KH3.14. And the whole game will just be about explaining what Goofy did in between the time he got knocked out by a boulder and before the 1000 Heartless fight.

Man I hate myself for knowing I'd buy that

but only if it's called Goof By Sleep

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gologle posted:

gently caress you, literally every single person in this thread would play the hell out of that game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goof by Sleep would get the Chrono Trigger and Deus Ex worlds.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If the whole game is me playing Goofy and learning cool anime fighting skills, sign me up as well. I've always enjoyed Goofy's limits and sleights.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHp7-azrj2c

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yeah c'mon now, Goof By Sleep would be the most important game Nomura could ever make.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When you walk away

Don't you hear me say

"GAWRSH"

Oh Baby!~

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Bust Rodd posted:

When you walk away

Don't you hear me say

"GAWRSH"

Oh Baby!~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5yZqzN6K50

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Happy Birthday to Yoko Shimomura! I love KH for its crazy premise and plots, but the music for the series has never been anything less than amazing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh wow Yoko and my father have the same birthday. That's...weird to think about.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Raxivace posted:

Oh wow Yoko and my father have the same birthday. That's...weird to think about.

Have you ever seen them together, in the same room?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Happy birthday to all three of us I guess.

As of about a day ago, rather, but whatever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gematsu posted:

Kingdom Hearts PS4 Collection listed at Amazon Germany, Koch Media Store

Amazon Germany and Koch Media Shop Germany have listed a “Kingdom Hearts PlayStation 4 Collection,” a “Mega XL Bundle” that includes Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue. The Koch Media Store lists it for release on November 24.

In total, that would include the following nine titles:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (movie)
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage
Kingdom Hearts χ: Back Cover (movie)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue are both available now for PlayStation 4 as separate purchases.

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/kingdom-hearts-ps4-collection-listed-amazon-germany-koch-media-store#R1axTf6tykVfToCr.99

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Gearing up for the KH3 launch, no doubt. All the games on one console...the power...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
will I once again spend sixty bucks on the same drat Kingdom Hearts games? Noooo of course not, never...

probably not...

gently caress

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Past KH2, I've just been following the series on YouTube, so this is a dream come true for me.

Don't worry you guys, I'll diligently buy the games again on PS5 and PS6 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
By that time they will have released KH3.14, featuring a Daisy and Minny minigame making a pie.