Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Augus posted:

Using summons in the summon-focused tournament doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me :shrug:
It's a moot point tho because you shouldn't play KH games on standard mode. It's a total misnomer, Standard is actually Easy Mode and Beginner is Somehow Even Easier mode.
That'a not the issue, the game demands an absurd amount of points that regular usage of summons could not possibly get you even if you spam them. The enemies will die faster than you can get points unless you intentionally don't do damage and juggle them or something.
And yeah, you should always play Proud or above. But 100% Journal is required for plats and I've seen people go crazy trying to get those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

That trailer owns and I can't wait to pull a Shenmue & ignore the main game to gently caress off and play video games instead

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I really hope the simple, forty year-old gaming system blows Sora's mind. Keeping in mind his first reaction to seeing a computer was to slam on the keyboard like a chimpanzee, and he literally tried to Google Riku and Kairi.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 16, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

I really hope the simple, forty year-old gaming system blows Sora's mind. Keeping in mind his first reaction to seeing a computer was to slam on the keyboard like a chimpanzee, and he literally tried to Google Riku and Kairi.

I get the feeling that Destiny Islands is kind of backwater as far as worlds go (Riku didn't know what a gypsy was until DDD for another example). Either that or the two of them are just a little slow on the uptake.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Larryb posted:

I get the feeling that Destiny Islands is kind of backwater as far as worlds go (Riku didn't know what a gypsy was until DDD for another example). Either that or the two of them are just a little slow on the uptake.
I could see Sora being a bit slow on the uptake, but not Riku. I mean it's entirely possible nobody on the islands has any knowledge of what's beyond the shores. It was considered a rumor and a mysterious story that somebody was able to leave Destiny Islands after all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I still can't believe Xehanort came from the Islands. What if Destiny Islands is the last world in KH3 again like it sort of was in KH1?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
That's silly, the last world is going to be an FMV game where you guide your language's Sora VA in a Sora cosplay killing whoever they got for Xehanort in Tokyo Disneyland.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

I could see Sora being a bit slow on the uptake, but not Riku. I mean it's entirely possible nobody on the islands has any knowledge of what's beyond the shores. It was considered a rumor and a mysterious story that somebody was able to leave Destiny Islands after all.

I am of the opinion that Riku isn't actually any smarter then Sora, he just happens to bumble into people who are inclined to explain the plot faster.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The difference between Sora and Riku is not intelligence, because they're both dumb as a post with no education or any kind of formal training

It's the fact that Riku wants to look cool and not look like an idiot while Sora doesn't give a single gently caress

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caidin posted:

I am of the opinion that Riku isn't actually any smarter then Sora, he just happens to bumble into people who are inclined to explain the plot faster.

Yeah, he gets better but he's honestly pretty dumb in the first game, For example, him believing Maleficent's words about Sora having abandoned him when just minutes ago Sora just told him he'd been searching for him all this time and even offered Riku the chance to join up with them.

Also somewhat unrelated but since he was able to lift it up over one eye without transforming during his first meeting with Xion in Days I'm not sure why he even needed the blindfold when an eye-patch probably would have worked just as well.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 16, 2018

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This owns.

KH3 will be GoTY.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Anybody have a copy of 2.8 they're willing to sell, shipped to Pennsylvania?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Larryb posted:

Also somewhat unrelated but since he was able to lift it up over one eye without transforming during his first meeting with Xion in Days I'm not sure why he even needed the blindfold when an eye-patch probably would have worked just as well.

It's because Nomura thought Riku would look cool wearing a blindfold in the secret ending of KH:FM

...and he was right!!!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I didn't ask for Kingdom Hearts to have a Game & Watch minigame, but it does and I am happy about it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gologle posted:

Mods, can we rename the thread title to : I paid $60 to play Game and Watch

You're welcome

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Destiny islands has a school that we’ve never seen and Riki and Sora have never seen it either

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Destiny islands has a school that we’ve never seen and Riki and Sora have never seen it either

That makes sense, and speaking of which it might be nice if we got a chance to explore the actual town Sora and Riku lived in rather than just the island itself (I think we got a small glimpse of it at the end of BBS and a shot of Sora's bedroom in the first game but that's it).

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Before reading the above posts I didn't know I wanted to explore the suburban mainland of Destiny Islands, but, as it turns out, I do. Desperately.

I suppose it's not impossible that we'll see more of it in KH3 considering Xehanort's connection to the place, but I think we'll have to be satisfied with just Daybreak Town.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that seriously Game & Watch or is this some reference to some obscure Disney Licensing we forgot about?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Billzasilver posted:

I like to think Sora goes "Homework?!?" in 2 because he actually doesn't know what homework is

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that seriously Game & Watch or is this some reference to some obscure Disney Licensing we forgot about?

Yes it is and all the games shown are based off of actual Game & Watch titles. Seems weird to reference a Nintendo-made product in a game that's not getting a Switch release (that I know of anyway) but it's interesting none the less.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
This is just part of the build up to the ultimate reveal of Sora being in the new Smash game

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

i mean, its both. nintendo actually had a old game & watch game that was all about mickey mouse catching poo poo.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ventana posted:

This is just part of the build up to the ultimate reveal of Sora being in the new Smash game

Man, I hope not. Smash 4 was not all that fun for me after I rushed to buy it after they put Mega Man in. The exact same thing will happen if they put Sora in the new one. Same for the new Dissidia that wasn't very fun.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
From what I remember, the town and beach in KH2 Destiny Islands were actual physical places you could go to by hacking, but the buildings were smaller than the character models because obviously you aren't supposed to be there. But in that sense we do kind of know what the island where people live looks like.

EDIT: I just looked it up to double check and I was wrong about the building models.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 17, 2018

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Everglow put up the first video of his Kingdom Hearts Timeline here which seems to be putting all the important cutscenes in chronological order. This one’s a proclick for the inarguably best character, the Master of Masters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So this is the first time I've seen the Master of Masters in action

How the gently caress isn't he the main villain he's great

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's still a chance he could be the main villain, maybe he'll even be the villain for the next ten games or whatever.

Or he could be a good guy who set up everything so Sora would eventually win. Or neither. So long as he has more appearances, I don't think I'd care either way.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oh sweet, he's including stuff from the mobile/browser games. I've been meaning to catch up on the stuff that went down in those.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

DrakePegasus posted:

Everglow put up the first video of his Kingdom Hearts Timeline here which seems to be putting all the important cutscenes in chronological order. This one’s a proclick for the inarguably best character, the Master of Masters.

woah this guy is incredible. who does the voice?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want Master of Masters to be the main true villain

Just so that he can run into Sora and become INCREASINGLY angry and frustrated that Sora is too loving dumb to manipulate.

"He just keeps killing everything that gets in his way and doesn't understand a word I say! What the gently caress am I supposed to do with this!"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

woah this guy is incredible. who does the voice?

Ray Chase AKA Noctis

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
MoM is wearing the same black coat that literally every OC bad guy has worn throughout the series so far, and the only good characters that wore them briefly flung them off at their nearest convenience, whereas this guy chooses to go around dressed in it. He's evil as gently caress

sout
Apr 24, 2014

haha i totally forgot about the 0.2 mobile cutscenes, master guy's cool. Apparently he's also Eve from Nier Automata

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Luxu: This box looks SUPER loving evil, Master!
MoM: Well, so do I and you - wait.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Master is Masters is Sora, who learned complicated planning and time travel from years of fighting the Xenohort XIII

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gonna echo how awesome Master Of Masters is. I hope we see Noctis in KH3, and that he has an encounter with Master Of Masters.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gologle posted:

Braig is one of the hardest fights in BBS, so I'd say he's too good with them.

really? i found it pretty easy, but granted i abused the hell out of mario party.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm still kind of theorizing that The Master of Masters is Xigbar somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Braig and MoM are both the best characters because the love being insane so much (with Larxene a close third) so I almost hope so.