Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Considering that Demynort probably exist, we're probably going to see Dancers. Joy.

Also, I'm going to say that Re:Coded is worse than Days because of the tedious datascapes (or whatever the areas with multiple floors and challenges are called). At least Days actually has an original (not good) story, some new Heartless and you can skip like 30% of the game. I agree that the panel system can be annoying, though.

That said, both games are better than DDD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

How can Days be better than anything when it's the worst Kingdom Hearts game?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't get it. so is sora going to die at the end

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

i don't get it. so is sora going to die at the end

Sora has been dead all along, haven't you been paying attention?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well ok. sixth sense world starring haley joel osmet breaking the fourth wall is certainly unexpected, i'll give them that

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Better that than "Pay it Forward" world or "Tusk" world.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I appreciate the fact that time travel being a factor into who gets to be a part of Nort's Club was not enough of a nonsensical fuckery for Nomura's standards so now there are actually BACK-UP REPLACEMENT Norts they can pull out of the blue.

The "Everyone is Xehanort" meme is in action more than ever before now.

OH GOD 25 XEHANORTS SOMEONE HEL--

Gologle posted:

Rewatching that trailer I had a sinking feeling in my stomach when I noticed the Dancer Nobodies. I hate those dudes. Their command grab bullshit can one shot you on Critical and Proud, and I fell for it OFTEN.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, those aren't Dancers, those are Gamblers. Those guys are alright.
Gamblers are cool dudes who hang out at Mysterious Tower and cough up loads of munny/Drive Orbs/weapons if you beat them in simple timing mini-games. Easily the best Nobody.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Btw I still can’t get over how godawful ugly Riki’s new clothing looks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Turn on your monitor

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Billzasilver posted:

Yeah wtf, he doesn't even look like the same species anymore.

God Nomura what are you even doing.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

R-r-r-riki is alrrrrready half Xehanortpon!

I really liked that in 352/math the different keyblades had different attack patterns. I hated literally everything else about that game.
Re:Coded was fun and I liked the platforming, but it could have used more variety in at least the visual design when you enter the debug areas. That got really old.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to Coded I also kind of liked the different gameplay styles during the Keyhole segments but I just wish there were more than three of them. Honestly I think it might have been better if Coded got an HD remake rather than being turned into a movie since the gameplay is arguably the best part.

At the very least they could rerelease the DS games on PSN/the Nintendo E-Shop at any rate.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 19, 2018

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I like Days' and Recoded's Keyblade having different combos and abilities, which make them closer to KH2 in utility. The rest are mostly just equipping the ones that you get later. I'm also one of the people who actually liked the panel system in Days after getting past the tutorial bits. It adds a puzzle element (which I admit might be offputting). Different preferences, I guess :shrug:

I guess I just don't like Recoded's debugging segments. The gameplay changes are nice, and I also like that you can change the difficulty and EXP to affect the drops. It reminds me of TWEWY. To be honest, both games suffer from getting their gameplay cut out in the HD releases, with Days' plot getting even worse and Recoded's gameplay changes getting brushed aside.

For me, DDD is the worst KH game. Bullshit mandatory bosses (Sora's wargoyle rematch :argh:), tedious mandatory bosses with time limit (Holey Moley and Spellican :argh:), big open world with mostly nothing on them beside chests and Nightmares, abilities that requires you a guide to get it (the game tells you what abilities a Dream Eater has, but only after you make them and it didn't show you the ones unlockable by disposition) and the unclear explanation of how the sleeping worlds work.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 19, 2018

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I wonder how big Master Xehanort’s role in the game will be and if they recorded enough archived lines to not have to replace the late voice actors. I can’t tell if it’s a new actor replacing Otsuka in the trailer or not

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nina posted:

I wonder how big Master Xehanort’s role in the game will be and if they recorded enough archived lines to not have to replace the late voice actors. I can’t tell if it’s a new actor replacing Otsuka in the trailer or not

Wait, have we seen/heard Master Xehanort in a KH3 trailer yet? But either way unless they recorded all his dialogue super early on I'm guessing he wound up getting recast.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

He’s there towards the end of the newest trailer. I mainly wonder because of those comments by Goofy’s VA speculating KH3 would come out in 2014 so some recording may have happened way early

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's kind of amazing that both of Master Xeh's voice actors died within like a month of each other.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Terper posted:

Boxart is dope af

This is pretty and I like how they've divided all the characters up into neat boxes of 3. The Destiny Island trio, the Disney trio and the BBS trio. I don't really get why Namine is in a trio with Roxas and Axel but whatever it looks cool.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I can't find a source now so this may not be right, but I read that his Japanese VA's son had stepped into the role.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

effervescible posted:

I can't find a source now so this may not be right, but I read that his Japanese VA's son had stepped into the role.

Akio Otsuka is already Ansem and Terranort so may as well make him Old Man Nort too. It's fitting enough but I have no idea who they could bring in to replace Nimoy in English

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nina posted:

Akio Otsuka is already Ansem and Terranort so may as well make him Old Man Nort too. It's fitting enough but I have no idea who they could bring in to replace Nimoy in English

Corey Burton maybe? He's already filled in for both Christopher Lee and Tony Jay.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's going to be Nomura. For both realeases.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Raxivace posted:

Better that than "Pay it Forward" world or "Tusk" world.

What about him as the Canadian nazi in Yoga Hosers

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cuddly Custard is my spirit animal. :3:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

excuse me. i heard they are making re:coded plot relevant now. Who is the target of my lawsuit, is it nomura or disney?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Nina posted:

I wonder how big Master Xehanort’s role in the game will be

I hope it turns out he was actually the Big Good guy all along. Like not in a Xenosaga's Wilhelm way were it makes sense, but more a Golden Sun's Axel way where no one knows what the gently caress just happened but I guess the world is saved kinda maybe?

It would be the perfect final gently caress you to whoever still takes Nomura's story seriously

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i will never play re:coded

and in any case it's not like failing to know about it will make this game any more outlandishly stupid

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It turns out Kingdom Hearts is a giant emotion parasite that feeds of joy and positivity, and Xehanort was the only one who knew it all along, so he does AALLLLLLL this to save us all and preserve happiness.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Xehanort is going to succeed in making Sora into a Xehanort but this will also involve Xehanort becoming a Sora, turning all the Norts into good guys. Which was of course Xehanorts plan all along.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kingdom Hearts III will actually keep getting indefinitely delayed, as per Master Xehanort's plan. After all, if the game never comes out, he can never lose.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

TheLoneStar posted:

Kingdom Hearts III will actually keep getting indefinitely delayed, as per Master Xehanort's plan. After all, if the game never comes out, he can never lose.

KH3 is actually Spec Ops: The Line 2

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Xehanort is going to succeed in making Sora into a Xehanort but this will also involve Xehanort becoming a Sora, turning all the Norts into good guys. Which was of course Xehanorts plan all along.

You jest, but considering the cover of the game has 13 characters on it, i.e. all the "trios" plus Naminé make up 13, and Xehanort specifically needing "13 seekers of darkness", I'm almost expecting some fuckery with the good guys inadvertently being the seekers all along.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sora is like four vessels for the price of one.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Fabulous Knight posted:

You jest, but considering the cover of the game has 13 characters on it, i.e. all the "trios" plus Naminé make up 13, and Xehanort specifically needing "13 seekers of darkness", I'm almost expecting some fuckery with the good guys inadvertently being the seekers all along.

The fun part of the Kingdom Hearts franchise is that any convoluted stupid theory sounds and is completely plausible when you consider the actual convoluted stupid plots already in.

Like I remember back after KH2 came out I was in a BBS Myspace group (:lol: the last main series game came out when myspace was still relevant) and I do recall a lot of the stupid "Why does Terra look like Xehanort/Xemnas" and "Why does Ventus look like Roxas" theories not being that far off from what we actually ended up getting.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Xehanort-ishly: You fool, Sora! Don't you know that the greatest light casts the DARKEST shadows? Now you and your 12 friends have just delivered to me THE 13 ULTIMATE DARKNESSES I NEEDED. BEHOLD!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Billzasilver posted:

Xehanort-ishly: You fool, Sora! Don't you know that the greatest light casts the DARKEST shadows? Now you and your 12 friends have just delivered to me THE 13 ULTIMATE DARKNESSES I NEEDED. BEHOLD!

Sora-esque: But the darkest shadows can only come from the brightest light, and I know now without a doubt that all your shadows... Are light!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Sora will be the one to fill his dark soul with light.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Raxivace posted:

Yeah wtf, he doesn't even look like the same species anymore.

God Nomura what are you even doing.

You joke about this, but Nomura actually did work on Xenoblade II.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't wait for the revelation that Heartless can grow hearts of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I am curious as to how Back Cover will play into all of this. God I hope they connect it to the main plot somehow. One of the points I'm most eager to get to explain to friends who are coming new into the franchise is that there is a character called Master of Masters. So far the reaction of every single one of them was that either I was trolling them or Nomura was, followed up by a quick google search to confirm that yes, Nomura was the one trolling.

I loving love this stupid franchise