Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I really liked Re:Chain, I just wish they had added a new game+, optional bosses or a boss rush mode so that building a deck out of the cards that only unlock at the end of the game had any kind of point.
Edit: with the caveat that I always skipped the cutscenes. I just like deck building a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I really liked DDD and immediately replayed it on Critical after beating the game and doing all of the optional stuff on Proud. I personally like it as much as BBS and KH1 and better than KH2. Even though the plot is word salad to the max. Maybe BECAUSE the plot is word salad to the max!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Found a Nort, lads, so watch putting any X's in your posts.

Wait fu-

I like KH2 a lot but
-3 hour tutorial as Roxas that drags every time I repay this
-Atlántica 2: The Musical
-the Organization shows up and are all mysterious and ominous but half of them are already dead because of CoM, and honestly I think the ones introduced in CoM were more interesting (except Xigbar)
-you get these insane movement powers from leveling up your forms and then there is NOTHING in most of the levels that rewards you for using them. BBS was much better about this.
-the levels are really flat and empty. Absolutely the least interesting level design in the series, except maybe Days
-You only get to play as Riku for like 30 seconds

There's a lot I like about it, but I can't say it's the best.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

Allarion posted:

Riku gets a combo of Aqua and Terra's commands if I remember right, while Sora just gets Ventus's stuff. It's why you can go more magic focused with Riku if you want, but he has a lot of Darkness stuff to fall back on too.

Also dream eater fusion is more fun than Sora's dream eater team attacks.

I don't know, there's something to be said for having a giant Mickey Mouse dog buttstomping Xemnas.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

Hollow Bastion and the World that Never Was are my two favorite levels from the original game. Ansem does go on forever, though, and the giant World Ship or whatever the goofy thing he's merged with at the end was super dumb, both from a game play perspective and a story one. The DDD revisit to fighting Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless was a big improvement IMO, except that weird bit where you're in mid air. Enough with the mid air fighting!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

R-r-r-riki is alrrrrready half Xehanortpon!

I really liked that in 352/math the different keyblades had different attack patterns. I hated literally everything else about that game.
Re:Coded was fun and I liked the platforming, but it could have used more variety in at least the visual design when you enter the debug areas. That got really old.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

And then she takes the characters of Kingdom Hearts with her into the new world, they all end up in Paris. Meanwhile, over the skies of Tokyo, a man riding a dragon appears suddenly, fighting a giant salt-woman in a bizarre rhythm game....
:yokotaro:

Looking forward to the 2nd route in KH3 where you can understand everything the Heartless are saying.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

Re: Chain of Memories is fun and good and it is my friend.
The trick is to enjoy card games as well as Kingdom Hearts. If you don't like building decks in strategic card games, skip it. If you don't like building decks, the rest of the gameplay is just Kingdom Hearts but less interesting.
Boy I wish that Re:CoM had added new game+ and optional bosses or a boss gauntlet, that game could've really used it.

The plot is: Half of the Organization tried to brainwash Sora, failed, and made a copy of Riku that apparently is never going to be relevant again even though everyone and their grandmother is coming back for KH3. Also the real Riku met Mickey and stuff I guess.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I booted up the first game tonight! Uh, what the hell happened to Sora and Riku's parents? Riku's like "We may never see our parents again!" and then the world is exploded, and they never get mentioned again.
Guys, I'm beginning to think this plot doesn't make a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

There's something to be said for the moment in Chain of Memories when Sora discovers his memories of Namine are false and he's lost his real memories, and he kicks Marluxia's butt to save Namine anyway.