Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Reive posted:

Sounds like proud it is then, I'm playing Ven first and it's only a couple of the regular enemies that killed me, mainly fat dudes, I just need to be more careful.
I did just finish KH2 so jumping from 25 hours of 'press X to win' to this will take me a bit to get readjusted.

Also I assume they explain it later on, but there is a reason why Ventus looks like Roxas and why Xehanort looks nothing like in KH2 right?
It's ok, once you get through a couple of levels, you can resume a general "Press X to win" pattern, just with some exceptions (i.e. bosses and certain enemy types).

I don't remember if the first one is explained, I don't really recall anything of the sort except a reference from Aqua, but the second one is a Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Tiemrhon posted:

I'm playing through BBS:FM right now. Is there any real trick to Terra's final boss or do I just need to grind more? I'm at level 30 on Proud.

I'm also putting in another vote of confidence for Ice Cream Beat. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just Kingdom Hearts II's Atlantica all over again.

To add on to what others have said, you should get the curaga+block fusion, since you heal a certain amount everytime you block an attack. There's one combo that he's really goddamn fond of doing, and you can recover a lot of health by blocking it (and counter at the end).
Also shot locks. I never figured out how to reliably dodge the meteor attack, so I just tried my best to get a max shotlock for all that invincibility.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Demyx is cool and all but i can't hear "Dance Water, Dance!" without flying in to a murderous rage.

Mash triangle, holy loving poo poo where's the last one? I'm going to loving die.

Goddamnit

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Also, abuse the gently caress out of the L+R special attack. You get a ton of invulnerability, so if you know it's going to do something that's hard for you to avoid, use it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Gaseous Snake posted:

Hope you guys like the Kingdom Hearts version of TWEWY's theme.
http://youtu.be/hKtnXUiDuwM

I am digging this tune.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Allan Assiduity posted:

Oh, and both Isa and Braig are both vessels for Xehanort. It looks like Master Xehanort is the leader of the new Organisation XIII, which is compromised of Xehanorts. Xehanorganisation XIII?

Oh, and more endgame beats.

Man this plot and all the 'norts :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Pesky Splinter posted:

I've yet to see it, but most of the people I've talked to have said it looks and sounds really good, but the actual story kinda sucks.
Yeah, that's the general consensus. It looks and sounds really awesome, but the story is pretty forgettable.