Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
You were missing grinding a bunch of end-game commands at the beginning of the game, mostly. Also, an adorable Itagaki Street-lite minigame.

I spent more time on the Command Board than I did playing the main game.

e: Square Enix please put the Command Board in all future Kingdom Hearts games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

But Riku and Sora are being deaged in Dream Drop Distance.

So yeah.

darealkooky posted:

Main japanese fanbase is comprised almost entirely of shut-in japanese women that loves gay anime dudes and hates women, the guy in charge of this series is gay, and square-enix loves pandering to it's fans.

That's why we get stuff like an entire game about roxas and axel having "ice cream" and where his girlfriend turns into a man

If Square was pandering to the part of the fanbase that hates women they wouldn't have created Aqua, who is the best Kingdom Hearts character.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Veev posted:

Seriously? Are you just joking or does this actually happen?

I have no idea if they've been deaged or if the art's just gone screwy, but 3D is supposed to take place after KH2 and both Riku and Sora look significantly younger than they do at the end of KH2. I remember reading something that said they're in the bodies of their younger selves, though.

I try not to think about it too hard.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Nomura's not going to even touch KH3 until FFXIII VS comes out, and that game is never coming out, so we'll have to settle for sequels to prequels. I don't know if they'll be allowed to do the proper KH sequel without him.

If BBS2 isn't just Aqua's adventures of fixing things everyone else screwed up I am going to be disappointed.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

There are Disney characters but they've become increasingly irrelevant.

Alteisen posted:

So that hidden boss in KH2 Final mix. The super duper hard one.

Is that supposed to be Terra?

Yes and no. Terra's heart is still inside his body with Xehanort's. The armor's supposed to be Terra's mind or someshit.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Not so much two women as he was worried having the leader of the rebellion being female and being beaten down by a group of males would cause him grief. Which is sexist in its own way, so there's really no way for him to win.

Pesky Splinter posted:

They're best summed up as:

That's really all there is to them.

The first seven were scientists (even Zexion who was, like, twelve) who were loving around with darkness and lost their hearts. Their main goal was to get their hearts back or open Kingdom Hearts or someshit.

The real answer is that they exist to crank the anime aspect of the series up to 11.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

It was probably in the Xemnas reports or something. I can't remember if you find this out in KH2 or CoM.

And CoM is a great game. :colbert:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Not really. Neku's waist is just as tiny as Shiki's. I guess it's less of a thing because he's wearing a shirt.

They're all monsters! :ohdear:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Kingdom Hearts is the most anime video game series, and I appreciate it for only getting more insane.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Amppelix posted:

I still feel like Ventus is a desperate attempt to explain why Roxas doesn't look like Sora. And then Vanitas is thrown in because hey, somebody has to look like Sora, right?

He pretty much is. They admitted that they come up with the secret videos before they come up with a way to explain them.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

ummm you cannot choose the keyblade, the keyblade chooses you.

You think any rule in Kingdom Hearts is set in stone? :allears:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Kingdom Hearts games are incredibly transparent so I'm not sure why you'd be worried about spoilers. If you have a thought in your head you can probably predict everything that's going to happen in individual games within the first twenty minutes.

e: But don't participate in the Kingdom Hearts fandom anyway. It's anime and Disney mixed together and it is exactly as bad as you would think.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Gaseous Snake posted:

I like meowjesty :shobon:

Meowjesty is a loving amazing name for a fat cat with a crown on its head. I'd preorder this if I was guaranteed to get it.

Meowjesty.

Meowjesty.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

LemonLimeTime posted:

Cool, glad I'm not missing out not having a 3DS and no plan to ever buy one.

Can we talk about how annoying the Command Board is? I'm almost friggin done with them with all 3 characters but it's practically been a chore compared to the main game.

I love the command board with every fiber of my being.

Every game should have a Monopoly-style minigame.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

But then what would they call the inevitable prequel to Birth By Sleep?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Meowwow is also a great name for a cat.

It's a cat, right?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Versus 13 has been Nomura's baby for years. I can't really believe they'd scrap it.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

You play Kingdom Hearts games and care about the story? :allears:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

No no no no please don't put Hitler in the Disney JRPG.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

That's how all the KH games go. The difficulty of the game depends on how much farming you feel like doing.

That's why I loved the command board in BbS so much. You could have an overpowered deck an hour in and could wreck everything with little effort.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Same here. I'm not finding it particularly more difficult than any of the other games. Then again, I grind like nobody's business. double e: I also spend every fight bouncing off the walls like a lunatic.

What I don't like, and I can't remember if this is a thing with the other games, is that Sora/Riku barely react when getting hit, so I don't realize they're on low health until I start hearing that horrible siren. :saddowns:

e: I love the Spirits they are so cute. :3:

Meowjesty fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 6, 2012

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

My suggestion is to just play the command board until you have zero graviariaga and curaga and the one that pulls enemies into you or whatever and steamroll everything.

On a related note, the drop system still works during boss battles and that is a really bad idea.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Zero Graviga?

Also, Triple Firaga is hilariously broken, get that ASAP.

Zero graviga is the one that makes stuff float. I was thinking of Magnetaga or whatever the level three of magnet is. Most of my BbS stuff deck was three curaga spells, zero graviga, magnetaga, and fire.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Magnega. Also you seriously missed out on the broken as gently caress unique commands Aqua gets.

I was too busy spinning around loving with physics and wrecking everything. :buddy:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Wait, so, Maleficent and the queen from Snow White aren't the same character? :raise:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Guys I don't think he'd have taken the role if he didn't like the part/think it would be fun.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'd say just spring for a vita instead. That way you get the psp library and the option to get whatever RPGs come out later.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Lizard Bastard posted:

And with what UMD drive will he play Birth by Sleep? :colbert:
You download it off the store and stick it in your library. No UMD needed!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Sony why are you so terrible about everything you do? Jeez. Here I am trying to sell a vita for you and this is what I get.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Lizard Bastard posted:

I'll buy a Vita once it has, y'know, games.
So you're never getting a vita, is what you're saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Spellican is an amazing name. Who has the job naming things in this game? They need all the raises.

Pierce posted:

I should sell my 3DS because y'know, games. Seriously, there is frustration with both consoles. I don't have poo poo to look forward to on the 3DS for the rest of this year.

In the meantime, this KH kicks rear end. I've also seen a lot of complaints on here regarding the camera and flowmotion. I use the bottom screen to establish my route and move into better attack position using flowmotion. Any other tips for this? I'm on the last world and there is a bit of a difficulty spike.

I'd have probably gotten rid of my 3DS by now if not Shin Megami Tensei 4 coming out on it eventually. Similarly, P4G is the only reason I'm considering getting a Vita.

Atlus is full of jerks. :v: