Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Gologle posted:

I still cannot believe we are seeing actual live Kingdom Hearts 3 footage in 2018.

Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 will finally release in the year of our luigi 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I honestly expected the release date to be in December (maybe late November if we were lucky), so waiting an extra month isn't too bad at all.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Parrotine posted:

I think the worst memory I have of Kingdom Hearts as a series is getting dragged kicking and screaming through Atlantica in the 2nd ond

SORA
DONALD
GOOFY
LETS SING FINNY FIN! :suicide:

Having played through all of KH2 on PS4 recently (and getting a platinum trophy) and after sitting through all of Atlantica twice, it wasn’t bad that bad at all.

Maybe watching a ton of really garbage movies in recent years has hardened me, but at worst, most of the original songs just aren’t good (though Ursula’s Revenge was pretty good), but nothing truly soul-rending.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Honestly, if you don’t want to play through every entry in the series and only played through 1 and 2, Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are the most important. BBS explains who the series villain is and other poo poo, while 3D sets up the status quo going into KH3, and the sort of stuff to expect there.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

the bad mechanic in DDD is "combat", followed closely by "motion"

Combat is the same as BBS and is good, and the flowmotion nonsense is really cool

The bad part is having to raise those dream eaters to gain abilities

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

KH platforming always kinda sucked, even though I liked exploring the hell out of Hollow Bastion in 1. 3D's Flowmotion was the best platforming that the series ever had. 2's platforming being nonexistent was a bummer, but the combat was so good that it was easier to let it slide. Cave of Remembrance was a bunch of fun though, and I wish there was more poo poo like that.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Frankly, I just want to hear more than just the same part of the song for every trailer. Don’t Think Twice has been growing on me, but it’d be rad if we could hear the English version of the song in full.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

FutureFriend posted:

i personally, will stay on nomura's wild ride until the day i die

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I know! Isn't it great?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Larryb posted:

Wait, so we're getting two songs in this game then? I thought they said that "Don't Think Twice" was the main theme this time.

Don't Think Twice is apparently going to be the ending theme:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1043236053958553605

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

So that means Ansem made a copy of a program from a real world Earth?

It's weird, given how tron somehow seems to remember Sora in his half of The Grid, but yes, Space Paranoids is a copy that Ansem made of the computer system that would eventually become the sleeping world of The Grid back on real-rear end earth.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Gologle posted:

Ooooh, dude, that just gave me an idea. Imagine if the final boss fight in this game is the seven lights vs the 13 xehanorts in an all out brawl. Have it take place in the Station of Awakening too just cus.

If the final boss sequence doesn’t involve some massive battleship creature controlled by at least one Xehanort, I will be disappointed.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

This. I was surprised, and slightly disappointed how most of the final bosses deviated away from the weird "Final boss suddenly becomes some weird eldritch monster" thing Final Fantasy loves to do. It's pretty much just Xehanort's Heartless. With Xemnas it's a giant mech from nowhere but not quite the same.

Man, I absolutely loved Xemnas’s dragon mech fortress, it’s easily my favorite in the whole series. It’s just, if KH3 doesn’t have something like World of Chaos from 1, or Xemnas’s dragon castle mech as part of it’s final boss, then what’s the point?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Pug Rodeo posted:

What’s the reason for Emblem Heartless being in Union? I thought Xehanort created them in between BBS and KH1.

:sora: it's a data replica of a dream or some poo poo. don't need to explain why there's Emblem Heartless, nor why the Org XIII data replicas (for event quests) show up here

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Gologle posted:

I AM SO HAPPY THAT THERE IS A 100 ACRE WOODS WORLD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also a part of me is happy that we're getting another Battle of 1000 Heartless, but this time Even More.

:same:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Don’t forget about the Keyblade that requires you to play the mobile game lol

it requires you to play entirely separate minigames that are loaded into the mobile game. it thankfully does not require that you actually bother playing the mobile game itself.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

About a month and a half until KH3. God drat.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Oh god damnit. Time to lock down my YT feed.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

The final boss is Walt Disney's head attached to a giant robot.

Actually it’s just like the Icon of Sin from Doom 2. It’s a giant battleship robot but it’s hidden core is Walt Disney’s head on a stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

KH2’s gummi ship sections were actually good and fun.