Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

ZombieIsland posted:

I have wanted to play the first KH games for the Longest time
Now, but each time I try and play the first or second I just can't get into playing it again. Does anyone else have this problem

I've been wanting to replay the first game, but when I think about the long-rear end intro sequence on the islands and all the unskippable cutscenes, I change my mind. Oh well :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Justice posted:

Aren't the characters, like, 10 years old? How can they even have romance?

IIRC they were 16 or so in KH2.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Emulation is a-ok to talk about and is perfectly legal so long as you own the games in question. The KH games emulate really well, little to no bugs and run full or near full speed on any decent PC.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Ok I'm dumb as hell, where do I go with Sora after Neku and cloak guy run off? I remember hitting some electric thing on the wall and that did something but uuuh I wasn't really paying attention.

Also I agree with the complaint that the camera is zoomed in way too close. KH's combat is chaotic enough when you can actually see poo poo.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Figured it out, I had to talk to the mailbox. I swear these games just completely shut my brain down, I was going in circles around the 3 districts for like 20 minutes.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait, is there custom firmware for the 3DS now?

No, Nintendo's been making efforts to block DS flashcarts with firmware updates.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

I forgot how much of this game is "wander around aimlessly until you walk through the one arbitrarily chosen door that triggers the next cutscene" and uuuugh. It's real pretty though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Philosopher King posted:

So did they keep the gummy ships and is it actually fun or tedious? I remember feeling strongly about it, just not sure which way.

It's still awful. There are new mission things but they don't make the actual core mechanics of it any less bleh. Piecing together misshapen monstrosities in the ship builder is kinda fun, at least.