Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nina posted:

They love to show off what they can do with the system compared to the previous games so I'm convinced there's gonna be a ridiculous 10,000 heartless battle now

you mean 100,000 heartless

we skipped a generation man, gotta make up for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Amppelix posted:

You ever just think about the zipper on Donald's hat?

Occasionally I wonder what would happen if Square-Enix went completely nuts with their properties and just threw everything in. Have Kain fight against Kefka. Let Lara Croft save the Bubble Bobble dragon from getting killed by Ragnar McRyan. Let Edward Elric get pissed off at Gladiolus for making a short joke. Just make an absolute mess of characters mashed together in a clusterfuck so convoluted it'd make the average fanfiction look like Shakespearean.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Square Enix published the Arkham City games in Japan

Yeah, but if you discount weird edge cases like that and just limit it to things that Square-Enix owns outright, that's still an insane number of properties.

I just wish they'd draw from other sources than just Final Fantasy. They did The World Ends With You once, so they can do more if they want.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So I just spent most of my Thanksgiving weekend streaming the Kingdom Hearts games I don't own/haven't played, and then watched Back Cover. (pssst, what the hell's a Lux?)

I feel like I'm sufficiently broken now to enjoy KH3 whenever it comes out.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
n-no...

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They made it because the project was on shaky ground with no director attached and PJ stepped in to direct despite having no desire to do so and only having three months to plan everything out. (in comparison, pre-production on LotR was over two years) And he only did so because people's jobs depended on that movie getting made. It was more charity than a passion project and the end result is about as good as could have been expected given the circumstances.

I still wonder what a Kingdom Hearts movie would look like, though from what I've heard Wreck It Ralph 2 is going to be about as close as we'll get.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fabulous Knight posted:

I just hope they include a world that is something completely out of the left field like Timeless River in KH2 (but if Disney Castle is a complete world then maybe that is it). I don't particularly dislike the worlds they have shown so far, but I am not a big fan of how the Toy Story world, Monsters Inc. world and obviously Big Hero 6 world in the form of San Fransokyo all will feature a "realistic", city environment at some point or another. I play these games in large part to dive into worlds that seem impossible in some way or another.

Conversely, I really like the look of the forest and mountain areas in the Kingdom of Corona, and Olympus will of course also be more of that kind of thing. Then there will be Frozen, which is kind of similar and if the 100 Acre Wood is in the game as strongly hinted then that is a great addition. If I had my way they'd have at least one world in the bag that we know nothing about so far that features a more "fantastical" type of environment.

Seeing a more fully realized Agrabah or Wonderland would be pretty sweet. Atlantis would also be an obvious pick.

But really, I think it's time for the Inca Kingdom from The Emperor's New Groove to make an appearance.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I see the era of the clown shoes is behind us now.

Belts, however, are forever.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

The more I see it, the more I actually start to dislike the car key keyblade. I don't know why, but it's just...too modern??? It doesn't look fantasy enough, I guess.

looks too much like it could be an actual sword

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

I would love it if they had more FF characters just being apart of other Disney worlds, like how Auron and Zack were just apart of Hercules. I want to see Gaston hanging out with Jecht.

Have they shown many FF characters in the trailers? I've mostly seen KH and Disney characters, but not much FF representation.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SonicRulez posted:

I've been trying to fight buying a game that I already own on two separate discs AGAIN. Please don't say things like this.

sixty frames per second... with no slowdown

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
she still is

her backstory is just expanded is all

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lessail posted:

the wait for the release of kh3 is the actual kh3

they said that about FF15 and we're still waiting for all the DLC to come out

KH3 complete edition release 2034

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Funky Valentine posted:

Also wow they have to explain Dead Man's Chest and the first half hour of At World's End.

lol KH never explains poo poo about the plots of Disney movies, they just mimic the most memorable moments and quote the best lines then add-lib a bunch of stuff about darkness inbetween

Rhonne posted:

I can't believe Kingdom Hearts ripped off Assassin's Creed's ship combat for their Pirates world.

it looks loving sick, too, which means it's probably gonna be one of the most frustrating to play parts

Coincidently Ubisoft just announced a full on pirate game that also looks loving sick, and their next AssCreed game has you captaining roman battleships, you know, the kind that were designed to ram into other ships to break them into pieces, so all and all seafaring games are looking good for the next year