Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

penguinmambo posted:

I'm gonna assume a lot of you have already seen this: http://montyoum.net/dead-fantasy.
:stare: Uh. Well. I had not. Impressive, I guess?
As regarding Kairi, I just kept hoping she'd be a playable character someday, especially after how awesome Aqua was, but nope. Probably not going to happen now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If Sora isn't using at LEAST five Keyblades at once as he kills the final boss than that isn't a Kingdom Hearts I want to play. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Also, I haven't come across any magnet spells so far (except Collision Magnet) so it's quite possible they were taken out.

:negative: Gravity-like spells are always the coolest sort of spells in RPGs. Don't do this to me now KH.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LemonLimeTime posted:

Stop it, you're making me crave a Hitler boss battle.

As long as his battle theme is played, sure, why not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

You don't say?

:aaaaa:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Right, beat the game today, drink your goddamn tea Sora, now I only need one more trophy for the secret ending. I assume the points for Daring Diver are cumulative, because getting over 2 million in one dive by itself seems impossible?

Terper fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 18, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hm. Ending stuff: Young Xehanort says Master Xehanort is him from the most "distant future" or whatever, but shouldn't Terranort be Xehanort's "oldest" form? Guy didn't even get screentime, when he should be the leader of all the Xehanorts, considering he made both Xemnas and Ansem. What's up with that? :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Because both Xemnas and Ansem (seeker of the darkness) were destroyed, Master Xehanort re-formed as himself, as was explained in re:coded's secret movie.

So he didn't get reformed to his new Terranort body, but as the old one? That doesn't make sense. He was Terranort when he split into Ansem and Xemnas, as seen in the very first cutscene in the game, even.

EDIT: By the way, is there a way to fight the final bosses in post-game difficulty, like the rest of the bosses?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone have have any tips for combat in KH3D? I'm going against Warogyle with Riku and I just seem to be everywhere with no real plan of attack.

That's his first boss, right? Just jump on the railings so you Flowmo, then attack. It does ridiculous amounts of damage.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What do you actually get to keep if you do a new game+? I'm kinda tempted to do one on a higher difficulty but I'm fairly close to making some star-rank Dream Eaters and I don't wanna lose my items.

That being said, I'm almost level 100 on both my characters so...

Your spirits and your records. Make those star-rank Dream Eaters now, 'cause you won't have any crafting material going with you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

At some point Sora or Xehanort (or both) gets a X-blade. Plot end.

Xehanorts

I'm totally expecting a Harry Potter thing from this. Sora's keyblade breaks, he uses the X-Blade instead, but then repairs his own at the end. I just get that feeling.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

loving portal glitch, it's telling me that Riku has a new portal in Prankster's Paradise but it isn't showing up. And getting Brilliant and Prickley fantasies takes forever, I just want superglide drat it :argh:

Scan it, kill it off, rescan it, repeat. Easiest way to get Brilliant Fantasies.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MadiTC posted:

Wait you can kill your Dream Eaters? :psyduck:

If they get killed off in battle, and you wait out the 30 seconds before reviving them, they die and leave behind material.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Black Feather posted:

how Vanitas was before going insane
H-huh? :psyduck: Vanitas is literally a blob of darkness, isn't he? When was he not insane?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I always find the music to be top notch in these games. Shimomura is fantastic (even though it's really easy to recognise her music since a lot of it sounds the same).
I have to admit, one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to KH3 is the end boss rush, and the music playing being a Forze del Male/Darkness of the Unknown/Another Side/Dark Impetus/Black Powder/Enter the Darkness/Rage Awakened/Dismiss/L'Oscurita dell'Ignoto/L'Eminenza Oscura/L'Impeto Oscuro/The Eye of Darkness remix. :pcgaming:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Liku posted:

These final bosses are loving dumb, I finally beat the last one I bitched about now I'm on another one who teleports all over the place, and hits hard but he's endgame so that's fine. But this is stupid: He also shoots a ton of projectiles that cast slow upon hit and there's no way to dodge it or block enough hits to not get hit by it

Put on a Dream Eater that stops slow, like that earlygame lizard. Toximander, I think?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So, got to the final boss in 3D and I'm confused. I can wail on him and take no hits until the final part where he uses the Shotlock. What am I supposed to do during the shotlock? I just mash the button and occasionally I get hit and slowly but surely he kills me.

Try to time it so you attack at the same time as he does. Your attack will connect, his won't. Don't just mash.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

legoman727 posted:

Okay, I checked the thread, but can someone explain what the christ was happening with Dream Drop Distance's plot? Things were mostly making sense until I hit Sora's final boss and the plot went completely off the rails.

Did you beat the game yet? I assume you did, but one can't be too careful before answering.

quote:

Somewhat agreed there, however, Gigabyte Mantis was pretty cool to fight against

Yeah. He was really easy and all, but the music was really good.

Of course, Rinzler Recompiled is one of the best tracks in the game, too. Dammit, Shimomura.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

legoman727 posted:

Yeah, yeah, I beat the game, just no idea what the HELL was going on past Sora's final boss.

Alright then.

So the gist of it is, at the end of KH2, they receive that one letter that tells them about the BBS crew and stuff and that they have to train. So Yen Sid sends them back in time to when the Destiny Islands are destroyed at the beginning of KH1. This is so that they can reach the Heart of the world at the moment it is destroyed, since the Heart falls asleep and they can enter the Dream Worlds. However, Ansem SoD attacks them when they're about to enter, and Riku tries to defend Sora. Since they were so close to the Heart, Riku somehow enters Sora's dreams instead of the world's, and that's why they're seperated most of the time. Since Riku protects Sora from bad things in his dreams, he's essentially Sora's "Dream Eater".

So then they beat up the bosses and find the Keyholes. Then, instead of going back to Yen Sid's place like they're supposed to, Xehanort and crew take them tto a sleeping version of the World that Never Was, and trap Sora, and Riku by extension, in an illusion. Xehanort has been time travelling too, and has been gathering all his different forms throughout time to create a new Organisation XIII. They can't make Riku into one, so they weaken Sora until his heart falls into Darkness and he goes comatose. Riku finds a dream-manifestation of Sora and beats up one of his Nightmares, then fights and beats up Ansem SoD. He's then taken out of Sora's dreams, and end up in the real sleeping world.

Then he beats up Young Xehanort, but since both Xemnas and Ansem SoD had been defeated, the old Master Xehanort is reborn. He explains that his plan is to have 13 warriors of Darkness and 7 warriors of Light fight each other, since that will reforge the X-blade and restart the Keyblade War. He tries to mindcontrol Sora, but Lea (and GOOFY and DONALD) save the day, and the Xehanorts leave because their time was up or whatever. Roll with it.

Then Riku dives into Sora's dreams again back at Yen Sid's place, beats him up, and is taken to a digital representation of the Destiny Islands, where he meets Ansem the Wise who explains that he hid some of his research data inside Sora way back.

Then, Riku and Sora wake up, Lea gets his Keyblade, Riku is declared Master, Sora heads out on a journey by himself to become stronger, and Kairi is apperantly being trained by Yen Sid as well.

SO THERE YOU GO :shepface:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

mateo360 posted:

I beat 3D over the weekend and I'm still trying to piece everything together. So very confused...

I wrote a wall about it a few pages back, here. It apperantly helped some people make sense of it (least of all myself).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All I want from KH3 is Donald and Goofy because seriously now, we haven't had them in our party since KH2. That was seven years ago!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And the final boss music is just a big bombastic remix of every final boss theme up to this point.
Add some Simple and Clean for spice, I guess. And Hikari.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 6, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1.5 footage.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

JetGrind posted:

Sorry if this has been asked, but is it known if they're planning on releasing the redone music in HD ReMIX for purchase?

Nobody knows yet, but one could assume so.

Speaking of that though, this fella here has already uploaded some of the tracks. This is nice. :unsmith:

Also Vector to the Heavens, like it should sound. (358/2 Days spoilers)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzyfrg6Ufb8

:catstare:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Ballon- spells can all be bought in shops and they're ridiculously overpowered.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I thought the best exp was whacking away Wakka's balls. At least that's what I always did.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's Raiden, actually. And Henry in NMH.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Birth by Sleep is basically Kingdom Hearts 0.

And the chances of it being in 2.5 are pretty high, I'd say.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

That looks surprisingly far in development considering how pissed off Nomura was that they announced it at E3.

Yeah, and FF15 looked surprisingly far in development years ago as well.

Menus are often a surefire way to check out how far things are in development. Note how in neither this FF15 or the KH3 trailer has an actual functioning menu. It's just a sticker plastered on to make it look better.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I want Square to take a page out of Mass Effect 2 and have the game progress by having Yen Sid hand Sora and Riku profiles of Disney characters to recruit and take the fight to Xehanort.

Oh if only... :allears:

And then you gently caress them.

Kingdom Hearts 3 rated M for Mature.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

There are keyblades of light and keyblades of darkness. Sheesh it's like none of you were paying attention to the thousands of hours of boring cutscenes :v:

There are also keyblades of heart. Outsperged. :smug:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Seriously, has the writing team for TWEWY done anything afterwards?

FF15, I guess? So no. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I think it's an issue where a character is recurring (like Ansem SoD) but doesn't have a big enough role to justify shelling out big bucks for the well-known actors.

See also: Christoper Lee as DiZ.

So the best way to get Zane back is to give him more lines.

Sweet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The power of friendship, love, and light will make miracles happen.

Ain't nothing convoluted about it, you've all just lost your childlike imagination and spirit. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Xehanort will be the new enemy type. Every encounter will be with a Xehanort. Xehanort Xehanort, Xehanorts Xehanorting Xehanort.

gently caress I keep looking at the name now thinking "is it actually spelled like that" and it is, but it doesn't feel real anymore.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Grump posted:

Can we change the thread title to Kingdom Hearts Megathread: Nonsense?
You know, that'd actually be a pretty good name for a new enemy type. Nonsense.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I actually don't know what a heart is in this game?

Basically a person's soul, but more Disney.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

toanoradian posted:

why can't Sora triple-wield?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waxkcWCWzg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Every light must fade, every color return to DARKNESS