Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
It seems weird that Christopher Lee was able to reprise Ansem in 358/2 Days but not the more-important plotwise BBS and DDD. Maybe it was an actor scheduling issue. Or maybe they blew the budget on glitter for those last two games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
No Christopher Lee has to live forever :smith: That's the rule.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I desperately want to see a Princess and the Frog level, because the aesthetics would be gorgeous. And Tangled because I want Rapunzel the kick rear end with her hair as a party member.

Please, no more Coliseum, though. I've been through it so many times I hear the overture in my nightmares.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Late to chime in, but while Terra>Ven>Aqua is the "correct" way, if you're not super spoiled storywise, I think it's also interesting to leave Terra for last since he veers off on such a different path. Aqua and Ven both have some "what the HELL is Terra doing without us" moments, so it might be fun to leave those details a mystery until last.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Riku definitely had character growth before this game, but one of the things I liked about DDD is that he got to do more than chase after Sora or work desperately to make sure Sora could wake up. What's he going to do and who's he going to be when he's not a total dick or atoning for being a total dick? We got to find out.

He still probably would have deserved it if Roxas had clocked him one on the heartbeach but we can't have everything.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
It's basically Days: The Movie. Which I think is loving fabulous, since Roxas is my favorite KH protag.

I know I want to get it, I'm just torn between importing it sooner or waiting until we're 100% sure it's not coming out in NA. (Yeah, I know, I know, but that last little spark of hope isn't completely extinguished yet.)

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Riosan posted:

Same here, and it's great because no one ever has to play 358/2 Days again. The story's essential in the grand scheme of things, but I've never wanted to play Agrabah again in any incarnation since slogging through it in Days.

That loving mission where you have to follow Pete around and not get caught. loving gently caress. I hate that poo poo.

Incidentally, I can't wait to see the "Roxas, that's a stick" scene in full HD cutscenes :allears:

melodicwaffle, you're so right. I love my DS, but my thumbs bears a huge grudge.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

No, KH HD 1.5 ReMIX is completely in Japanese, in spite of being the Final Mix version of KH.

Besides, Re:Chain was always in Japanese in Japan, and every clip they've shown from the new 358/2 Days movie is in Japanese

Plus, the Japanese release is coming out in March—I don't know a ton about voiceover recording schedules for video games, but if Jesse etc. were recording an English track just for Japan, wouldn't they be done already?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Yeah, it's a cowboy. A group of friends and I watched the movie on a bigscreen this weekend and we paused it at this section specifically to check. The cowboy does have Sora's original color scheme, though.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

melodicwaffle posted:

The dual-wield thing only happens when you play in Mission Mode, not Story Mode.

Which is a drat pity. Getting to dual wield is so loving cool, and it sucks that you only get to do it for such a short time.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Pureauthor posted:

Recommended play order is Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua.

Alternatively, Ventus and Aqua spend a fair amount of time all HMMM I WONDER WHAT TERRA IS UP TO RIGHT NOW and reacting to some of his actions, so it could be interesting to play Ven -> Aqua -> Terra to kind of leave a little suspense there.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I enjoyed playing all three, so I didn't see Terra's playstyle as a hump to get over. The closest thing I'd view in that way is Aqua's initial squishiness, but 15 minutes of leveling in the Castle of Dreams hallway takes care of that.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

miscellaneous14 posted:

I plan on picking it up, but I'm wondering what it's going to be like playing the first game again after all the ways the series has improved on the formula since then.

And how many times I'll dash into a wall before realizing I can't use Anime Parkour.

If it's anything like how many times I tried to shotlock in a KH2 replay after BBS, the answer is: Lots.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

EE: Why does the new trailer say "now in development" and the old trailer say Q4 2013?

^ That one's fake.

God drat, Nomura. Knocked that one out of the park, he did. "oh btw here's another lil title you might be interested in :smug:"

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Macaluso posted:

Seriously that was amazing. He just said it in such a downplayed way and the next second the Disney logo shows up and I'm drat near leaping through the ceiling.

Exactly same same here! And I kept telling myself no, they wouldn't, this is just going to be more Remix news or something...WAIT WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT ON THE BEACH OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :magical:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Asuron posted:

I just hope I'll be able to follow the story without having to play all of the side games.

You sweet summer child. Bless your heart.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Once Aqua's taken her five minutes to fix everything I really want Roxas to have a body again so the BBS trio can just :stare::stare::stare: at him.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Squirtle Squadee posted:

I'm a little late on finding out about 1.5, but I just came to say how angry I am that Birth By Sleep wasn't included in the game. I really didn't want to read an LP because I wanted to enjoy it for myself, but it looks like I'm never going to get to play that game.

Why would it be included in the first remix? It's a prequel, but that doesn't mean it works played first chronologically.

And yeah, it's totally going to be in the next one. I'd bet money that Remix 2.5 is KH2 and BBS with re: Coded getting cutscenes like Days or something.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
As someone who loved Roxas and had a bit of a grudge against Sora for basically eating him (after I got to see his backstory in Days, at least), Roxas' capacity to wipe the floor with him in that fight made me a bit :smug: on his behalf.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
But not all the time, apparently. I was there in June and they had sea salt popcorn but not ice cream. :smith:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Did you ask about the sea salt ice cream?

We didn't, but we saw basically every nook and cranny of the place, so I'm confident we didn't miss it. It was also drizzling-to-pouring all day because of a typhoon that was moving through, so maybe that had something to do with it.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
If you hate fun. :colbert:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

JazzFlight posted:

Roxas doesn't look like Sora, though, he looks like Ventus, which adds another weird-rear end wrinkle to KH metaphysics.

All three of them have the same face, too.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Well, not like that was a ridiculous assumption to make. KH does have a lot of anime face going on. But yeah, if you swap Sora's hair out for the blond spikes, they're the same. (Though I believe BBS had a slightly tweaked model for Ventus.)

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Fojar38 posted:

Xemnas was Xehanort and Terra's Nobody, and there's an extra cutscene in KHII:FM+ emphasizing it.

I dunno about Eraqus.

Edit: Holy poo poo I just realized that maybe this is why Xemnas' battle music sounds so similar to Terra's character theme. (There's no way that's intentional but it's a neat coincidence.)

Why on earth would you think it's a coincidence? It's absolutely intentional. Yoko Shimomura weaves a lot of connected characters' themes into each other.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Sure, but by the time Terra's theme needed to be composed, the Terra-Xemnas connection was a known thing, so that's why the similarities were included. You're thinking of it backwards.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I always figured they were all capable of growing hearts back, but some were farther along in that process than others, and certain things seemed to speed up the process—Axel is definitely a lot more capable of emotion by the end of Days than when he first starts hanging out with Roxas, for sure. It's been a while since I played it, but I believe there's a line in DDD that says more or less this same thing. (And for desperate fan rationalizations, it just works better than assuming they all 100% have fully-grown hearts again and just think they don't.)

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
And then there was bugged Data Roxas who was made of infuriating bullshit.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I always liked that Roxas was such an aggressive, tough boss. The poor kid went through so much and got jerked around his whole life and only "woke up" when his best friend died. It wasn't Sora's fault, but I'd want to beat the guy up too.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

HGH posted:

Not an actual bug, he means the literal bug block enemy feature that was part of the game. As his health decreases Roxas'll cycle between different colors that give him different abilities, which are increased defense/health, super speed, double damage, and turning giant.
It was basically a post-game boss found in Hollow Bastion.

She, but yeah this. Winning that fight gets you the Ultima Keyblade, but I just shrugged and tossed it aside. Bugged Roxas is the toughest fight in the game, what the gently caress else am I supposed to use it on?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Well poo poo, I wish I'd known about that a couple years ago.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Noel is obviously the future son of Terra and Aqua from an alternate timeline.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Infinity Gaia posted:

I hope you're extremely ashamed of this.

By the way, for anyone else who got their copy of 2.5 already, is it just me or do the newly dubbed scenes sound kinda... off? Also they seem to have changed Ansem's voice in the flashback sections at the start which is entirely unacceptable.

Didn't they do that in the original release? I don't remember Billy Zane appearing even in flashback. But I could be wrong.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I know I'm in the minority, but I liked KH2 better after I played Days. I was interested in what happened with Roxas, but we only got the barest glimpses of what he ever did with the Organization. It was unsatisfying.

Pixeltendo posted:

Sure, although if I did have to pick a Marvel world, I'd go with Thor or Guardian of the galaxies first, they could get away easier with locations from them since Asgard and space aren't exactly population heavy.

Neither are most KH worlds, so Asgard and space would fit in just fine :v:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
They took a break to do the Days manga, which is fine with me because it is the best manga.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I kind of liked that it was pointless. Days and Birth by Sleep had such heavy drama and sad endings, it was nice to have some primarily frivolous, lighthearted Kingdom Hearts. Sort of a palate cleanser.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Yeah, but it was silly fun. I get why some people wouldn't like it, I'm just saying that a few things people complain about can also be seen as a feature, not a bug.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
The darkness is like chicken pox. You can only catch it once.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hmm yes I'm sure they're going to plaster the words COMPLETELY NEW all over the stuff for the Fragmentary Passage part and then when the game comes out go LOL JK IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE BBS SECRET EPISODE OWNED!

That sounds like good business sense.

EDIT: The press release also said that the X chi kai whatever movie is going to preview the mobile game, so I am going to assume this will be coming out early next year and the mobile game will be later on.

Wasn't the secret episode already released in 2.5? (I haven't bought/played that yet.) If so it makes no sense to just release it again in this, since this seems to be the next "fine, have all the games on one system and stop whining about it" release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Right, so am I. Was it part of 2.5? If so I think it's highly unlikely to be on this new release too.