Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This might be a dumb question but it’s at least the right place to ask it:

I’m trying to track down a Kingdom Hearts song, it’s a fairly solemn one with some light background singing and a piano melody where the main notes are “Bflat, D, C, G D”. It’s a really common series theme and it for sure shows up towards the end of Dream Drop Distance when Riku and Mickey bust in on the Organization XIII meet and greet. Does that ring any bells to anyone?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Organization 13's theme?

That’s it, thank you!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I like that the plot of this series can now be described as Leonard Nimoy and his 12 Leonard Nimoys trying to bring about Ragnarok

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm finished with 0.2 so I guess I just gotta watch back cover and I'm caught up entirely. How long is that anyway?

And man, now I'm super curious as to what causes Aqua to fall. Literally every ending of her in the shadow realm has her swear to be the guiding light and how her resolve will never falter so uh, what happened lady?

Did you fight the secret bonus boss?

she admit’s she’s breaking and the darkness is taking her

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6Y7jgcw2s

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
*Except Aqua

E: And Leonard Nimoy stabbing Mark Hamill in the back

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 14, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

at some point you have to admit he stabbed mark hamill in the front

Nobody said Mark Hamill’s character was particularly bright in that game, only that he was Mark Hamill

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

While the combat in the KH3 trailers looks good I have very low expectations for it.

Something or someone changed in the KH development team somewhere along the line of KH2.

KH1-Chain of Memories-KH2 rewarded you for learning boss patterns and tells and how to counter them, while also having the option to just be a little bitch and spam Reflega if you were somehow in this just for the story (you poor poor bastard)

Starting BBS bosses started operating on "flashy is cool" mode and just kept spamming poo poo over and over at you, resulting in the worst offender of Mysterious Figure where I have yet to find a video where the strategy didn't rely on "spam dodge roll till an opening, hit 1-2 times, keep spamming dodge roll". People say this is a very hard boss. I call it uninteresting.

Kingdom Hearts games after 2 are handled by some team in Osaka apparently.

Unfortunately I think they’re doing 3 as well, hopefully they’ve learned a bit since then?

E: They also did the Phantom Aqua fight in 0.2 though and that’s probably a decent reference for what the new one will be like

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If the KH is gonna survive after 3 it's gonna have to start getting creative with its worlds. Give me a Blank Check and The Big Green worlds Square enix

It took 15 years to go through from 2 to 3, the world has a real likelihood of dying from climate change/nuclear war before 4

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I no longer understand brand dilution and cross contamination and don’t get why companies aren’t crossing over their poo poo 3 ways to Sunday

It seems to do quite well!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So what are the best Disney worlds in all of Kingdom Hearts?

I feel like Agrabah and Olympus are up there in all of the games, Olympus in particular

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I can't help but imagine it involving Old Xehanort screaming about himself getting dumber and dumber

“Oh no...my heart’s sinking deeper and deeper...into dorkness...”

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Try to construct in your mind a game written and directed by Hideo Kajima & Tetsuya Nomura

Sora in the Tarzan world played out very differently after he tranqued and ate Turk

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

You are now imagining either one of the Ursula battles in KH1 in VR

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Old Greg posted:

This game legit made me see the appeal of soap operas. Everyone is related to Sora now and I love it.

Related to? Like half the cast is Sora or Kairi

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

I like how they just randomly decided to pick on Vexen to be made evil again. Good to see Demyx back too. And I guess Roxas or Ventus also get the darkness treatment. So that's like, fifteen members?

Aqua's almost certainly getting turned back before the climactic fight so she needs a replacement

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

It doesn't really feel like a 13 year wait to me, since BBS and 3D were basically main entries anyways.

Game looks dope though and I can't wait for it.

Plenty of people didn’t bother with non-numbered KH games.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Aqua is apparently not norted, just a Darkling, whatever that is

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

every side game is plot relevant. they even made coded plot relevant. you have to play them all

You really don’t, just look up the cutscenes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Oh gently caress, is it confirmed that the zebra trench coat will ever come back?

Xemnas is now relegated to the position of henchman and lost his final boss aesthetic privileges

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bo6Cbeq18k

this is an absurdly long video but i ended up wathcing all of it

what the gently caress happened in BBS, this poo poo went off the rails SO hard

Leonard Nimoy’s grand plan was to make the Haley Joel Osments do the fusion dance while he got himself a killer new set of abs.

His plan was derailed by the one competent person who didn’t have brain worms, he got mindwiped and a bunch of people fell into darkness including the one competent person who had grown herself a fresh new brain worm.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

so from what i gather, everyone in kingdom hearts is sora and if they're not sora they're xehanort who is everyone from every time and then there's also mickey who is shirtless which is a weird thing to explain as canon given how much of kh1 they destroyed

A couple of people are also Kairi but yeah that’s pretty much accurate

E: And another one is Aqua whose life just kinda sucks

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Most people don’t get Xehanort style heartless, they just get the shadow blobs.

And lord knows Sora has killed enough that the Org heartless were probably among them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Yeah, KH3 is just the end of the story that the first game started. I have little doubt they're going to continue beyond it after this.

Doing otherwise means giving up boatloads of money for a company that is a little...short on money at the moment.

Sora will be forever stuck as an ageless 15 year old on a Sisyphean trek of power loss

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gologle posted:

That sounds awful actually. Most of them didn't even have powers.

Making Disney money is their superpower

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
All I know is good loving luck to everyone coming to this game straight from 2

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I sincerely don’t mean this to be offensive, but it’s totally unrealistic to be catering towards people who are AAA-console gamers but don’t have an internet connection in 2018. The internet will only become more available as time goes on, and while their are rural pockets in many countries with limited access, those people are an increasing minority, and shouldn’t hamstring everyone else in the modern world, IMO.

If it really comes down to it, surely the same store they purchased their console or game at would allow them 5 minutes of WiFi to update and patch their console before taking it home?

When does it become totally unrealistic to not expect companies to compress their poo poo properly? Or for, god forbid, a AAA game to be feature complete and not filled with bugs at release?

Why have people just been conditioned to be ok with that?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 16, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a shame they did not finish writing the game in time to get Nimoy to do Master Xehanort. His new voice just does not have Nimoy's intensity.

They should get Frank Welker doing it, honestly, I'm sure there are similarities between Megatron and Xehanort if you squint hard enough

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

I mean it's not like being a Keyblade Master really seems to mean anything. Like Eraqus was a Master, but lost to Terra. Aqua is a Master but she's as useless as Ventus and Terra. Sora's NOT a Master, but he's probably the strongest Keyblade wielder currently alive.

I mean, minus having lost his powers for the Xth time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jokes on the people who replied because I know X is the Kingdom Hearts power number